Votes

Email

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Email

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Email
Email
2023-07-20 07:40:25

I'm relatively new to TAPO products and so far I very much like what I see.

I own a temperature sensor, a contact sensor and a smart plug. I'm impressed by how they all work together flawlessly and seamlessly in my small office.

However..., why isn't there a way to send notifications outside Tapo's own ecosystem? (Or am I just not aware of it?)

For example, I would like to be able receive an email when my contact sensor detects that my office door has been opened. I can think of many other reasons for enabling this type of feature. 

Is it a commercial choice for TP-Link? Are they scared about losing market share if they they share data with third-party systems? Do they want to tie their customers into their ecosystem and then sell them extra features at a later date? What about the interconnected internet of devices (IoT)? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Email
2023-07-21 10:07:09

@D-AB 

As the owner of a set of smart home device, personally i prefer managing them through the APP rather than receiving email notifications. Too many email can be exhausting and may lead to missing crucial information in a timely manner.

Hope they can add push notification for the sensor instead, or provide an option when creating the automation, so we're able to decide whether i want to be notify when a specific automation is triggered. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 204

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.