Tapo C-210 Speaker Volume Low

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-24 08:12:10
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.3.6

We have just installed our first C-210.  All seems to be in order with the exception of the speaker volume of the camera.  The speaker volume control in the app is showing at the maximum but when the Talk function is activated the sound level from the camera is very low.

Any ideas or assistance would be appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C-210 Speaker Volume Low
2023-07-25 04:56:45

@Glenikins 

Hi,
About the issue you report, please ensure the phone's volume is set to high or maximum, and you can use a different phone to watch the camera and test the Talk function.

If the problem remains, please help confirm the following information.
1. What's the OS and model number of your phone?
2. What's the version of the Tapo app installed on your phone?
3. Can you share a video about the problem with us? You can send me a link to download the video via private message.

Best Regards

Options
2023-07-25 13:38:40

@Solla-topee  thank you for the reply.

The phone being used to test the camera is a Samsung Galaxy S9+ (model SM-G965F) running the Android OS (version 10).

The Tapo app version is 2.17.110.

I am unsure about your comment on the phone volume.  The phone speaker volume is high but there is no option to adjust the phone mic level as far as I can tell.  The mic as used with other apps results in a good sound volume level.

When testing the Talk function we have one person remote with the phone and another next to the camera.  The sound from the camera is so low as to be almost inaudible.

Options
2023-07-27 08:02:05

@Glenikins 

Hi,
You can try to reset the camera to factory default settings and then reconfigure it and check if the problem will be solved.

If the problem persists, please help to do the following tests.
1. On the Camera Settings page of the Tapo C210 on the Tapo app, go to Advanced Settings>Record Audio and turn it on.

2. On the Live View page of the Tapo C210, make sure the microphone is set to maximum> click on the Record icon> let someone next to the camera and talk in front of the camera> stop record on the Tapo app>go to the Playback&Memory>Memory>tap the recording>tap Download to download the recording to the phone's album> send me the recording. You can send me a link to download the recording via private message.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 518

Replies: 3

Related Articles