Votes

No device offline notification for cameras

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Notifications when offline or disconnected. Please vote on the main thread.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Notifications when offline or disconnected. Please vote on the main thread.
This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-03 13:19:33 - last edited 2023-11-07 07:51:13
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.3.4 Build 230424

How come I don't get notified when the device goes offline? A no name cheap lightbulb cctv that I was using had this feature, it even allowed me to know the exact time that it went offline due to water damage (roof leak). I figure I'd get an affordable branded one from TP-Link (Tapo C200) to replace it and to my dismay it doesn't even have such a simple feature...

It would be helpful to know when it's down that way the user can check if there are any problems at all. Problems that range from like mine or just the WIFI bugging out or CRIMINALS turning the WIFI or the camera off...

Also on a side note, it also doesn't have basic sound notification. It has one for babies crying but not a simple one like someone breaking into your window? Or any loud sound? Yeah my old one had this feature as well...

The only good thing I can think of is the Tapo app is fast and so far, no ads at all :)

Options
1 Reply
Re:No device offline notification for cameras
2023-08-04 06:56:04

@edxp9 

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature request.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.

By the way, if you want the camera alarms when detecting events, please go to the Tapo app>Camera Settings page of the Tapo C200>Detection & Alerts>Camera Alarm to configure the Alarm feature.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 218

Replies: 1