How to retrieve recorded video if the camera is offline?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-11 13:15:15
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Scenario 1: The intruder has damaged a camera without SD card.

Scenario 2: The intruder has stolen the camera, with the SD card.

No problem, the videos should be "in the cloud".

However, in order to download a video from the Tapo app, first I have to select the device. Just as in your tutorial video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHexqzrSu-g

But the Tapo app does not let me to proceed if the camera is offline. It says the device is not available. I can select from Details (for troubleshooting garbage), or Remove, or Cancel.

So, how can I get the video files that were recorded before the incident?

Options
3 Reply
Re:How to retrieve recorded video if the camera is offline?
2023-08-14 08:03:32

@dometmp 

Hi,
If you have subscribed to the Tapo Care service for your camera, when the camera is offline on the Tapo app, you can click on it>>tap View Cloud Videos to find and download the video recordings stored on the cloud server.
Or on the Tapo app>>Me>>Cloud Videos>>tap your camera's name>>find and download the video recordings stored on the cloud server.

Please note the video recordings can be stored for up to 7/30 days on the cloud server according to the Tapo Care service you have subscribed to.

However, if you have not subscribed to the Tapo Care service and the SD card inserted into the camera has also been stolen, we are unable to restore the video recordings since they are stored on the SD card.

Best Regards

Options
2023-08-14 08:23:48

@Solla-topee : Thanks for the reply.

So basically one MUST subscribe in order to have such a basic feature, doesn't he? (Not mentioned in the product brochure.)

I'm very disappointed. As well as for the complete lack of any TP-Link PC interface.

Options
2023-08-15 08:52:50

@dometmp 

Hi, 
1. If you want to store your video recordings on the cloud server, you have to subscribe to the Tapo Care service. (As you can see on the Overview page of the Tapo C500, it noticed that need to subscribe to the Tapo Care service to use the cloud storage service.)

2. If you want to watch the Tapo C500 on a PC, you can try to stream it via RTSP/ONVIF protocol and below is the instruction.
How to view Tapo camera on PC through RTSP stream?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1591

Replies: 3

Related Articles