Issue with Camera Remote Access over Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 16:50:13 - last edited 2023-08-18 13:52:12
Tags: #remote control
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:
Dear Tapo Support Team,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I am experiencing with the camera remote access feature on my premium TAPO CARE account.

I have provided some information below that may aid in diagnosing and addressing the problem:

Camera Model: C200
    Issue Description: Not able to view the camera remotely over Internet
    Steps Taken:

•  Checking the router's configurations 
  • Updating the firmware to the latest version
  •  checking the camera setting using Tapo App
  • The live view works when the camera and Android Tapo device are connected to the same WIFI.

• Do we have access to IP address of cloud-servers of TP-link for live view? I also suspect that my ISP may block the TP-link cloud server.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could assign a technical support representative to look into this matter and provide me with a solution.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Issue with Camera Remote Access over Internet-Solution
2023-08-17 07:21:24 - last edited 2023-08-18 13:52:12

@Moho_moho 

Hi,
You can try to change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 on your router, make sure there are no firewall, access control, or parental control entry for the Tapo C200 on your router, reboot the router, and then check if you can control the camera remotely.

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains for further analysis.
1. Please describe your network diagram, such as the Internet--wireless router))) Tapo Camera.
What's the model number of the wireless router?

2. You can try to enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, reset the camera and reconnect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi to check if the camera will work fine.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue with Camera Remote Access over Internet-Solution
2023-08-17 07:21:24 - last edited 2023-08-18 13:52:12

@Moho_moho 

Hi,
You can try to change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 on your router, make sure there are no firewall, access control, or parental control entry for the Tapo C200 on your router, reboot the router, and then check if you can control the camera remotely.

Please help confirm the following information if the problem remains for further analysis.
1. Please describe your network diagram, such as the Internet--wireless router))) Tapo Camera.
What's the model number of the wireless router?

2. You can try to enable a hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, reset the camera and reconnect it to the hotspot Wi-Fi to check if the camera will work fine.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 1

Tags

remote control
Related Articles