How to access Tapo C210 camara outside my home network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-28 15:13:02 - last edited 2023-08-29 08:06:15
Tags: #Remote Control
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

Hi,

I have connected my Tapo C210 camera to my home network without any problem, however, when I try to access the camera from outside the home network using the Tapo app, I can't. In fact, the camera disappears from the dashboard of the Tapo app and I can't access it. I understand that this is due to the need to open some ports on my router, but there is no information in the Tapo documentation or at least I haven't seen it. Could you please tell me what I need to do (open ports, etc...) on my router to access the camera from outside my home network with the Tapo app?

In order to add more information, regarding my router I've setup the DNS with the IP 8.8.8.8, and I've also opened the ports 554, 2020, and 80 for the IP address of the camera but the Tapo app doesn’t works out of home network, however, I've test the video playback outside my home network with other app like TinyCam using RTSP and ONVIF protocols and I can see the video through the TinyCam app but NOT with the Tapo app. 

What else can I do to use the Tapo app with the Tapo camera outside home network?

Thank you very much,

Ruben

Options
10 Reply
Re:How to access Tapo C210 camara outside my home network
2023-08-29 08:16:05

@RubenMM 

Hi Ruben, 
Generally, once you have configured the camera successfully, it will bind to a TP-Link ID and connect to the internet, then you can manage it remotely with the Tapo app, and no need to open ports or configure other settings.

From your problem description, your Tapo camera may not bind to your TP-Link ID successfully so you fail to see it on your Tapo app when in the remote network. Please reset the camera to factory default settings, reconfigure it, and send me its MAC address via private message if the problem remains.

Best Regards

Options
2023-09-03 10:58:44

Hello,

I have exactly the same Problem.

C210 (v1 fw 1.3.1) works perfect in the local network,

no connection to the cloud.

With my two other cameras C100+c200 in the same

network everything works fine.

I resetted several times with no result.

Thanks

Uwe

Options
2023-09-04 07:42:32

@otze Finally the TP-Link support solved my problem, I'm not pretty sure what they did, but it seems that the problem was related to my TP-LINK ID user and camera binding in their server side, it was not need any firmware update on the camera nor any change in the camera itself, but they change "something" in my TP-LINK user.

I hope this will help you.

Options
2023-09-04 15:23:31

@RubenMM Hi, Thanks for the info. How did you contact the support?

Options
2023-09-04 18:04:07

@otze they contact me, the person that was helping me was Solla-topee, you can find her in this message thread

Options
2023-09-05 09:42:23

@otze 

Hi,
I have received the MAC address of your Tapo C210, and in this case, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.
1. When did you buy the Tapo C210? Did it work fine even if in the remote network? If yes, have you logged in to the Tapo app with the same TP-Link ID as now?
2. Please share a picture of the label stuck on the Tapo C210 and a picture of the invoice for the C210 with us. You can send me the link to download the pictures via private message.

Best Regards 

Options
2023-09-05 12:27:06

@Solla-topee 

Hello,

it worked right away in the local Network,

never in the cloud.

I don't have another TP-Link-ID,

so I logged in with this ID.

I've send you a pm.

Thanks for helping

Uwe

Options
2023-09-06 10:24:28

@otze 

Hi,
Thank you for the updates, and I'll reply to you if there are any updates for your issue.
Best Regards.

Options
2023-09-06 13:30:56

@Solla-topee 

It works. Thank you!

Options
2023-09-07 08:04:49

@otze You are welcome~smiley

Options

Information