Multiple Ringing Chimes for Doorbell

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-29 12:55:06 - last edited 2023-08-30 15:02:13
Model: Tapo D230S1  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all, I've recently gotten the new Tapo Doorbell, with it's normal C200 hub which is in the house.

Unfortunately for home working I'm in a back garden cabin so do not hear the chime when it's rung.

Is there a way of daisy chaining, double pairing hubs, or other method so that the doorbell ring is done in multiple locations in the property?

My phone is usually on silent, so I could change that but would prefer to just have a fully functional ring system if it's possible.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Multiple Ringing Chimes for Doorbell-Solution
2023-08-30 07:38:15 - last edited 2023-08-30 15:02:13

@OnionAbroad 

Hi,
Thank you for your case report.
1. You can try to move the existing hub Tapo H200 closer to the back garden cabin, go to Tapo app>>Tapo H200's Device Settings page>>Siren>>Custom Siren Sound to set the Volume louder, and then check if you can hear the chime when it's ringing.

2. If you need more hubs to ring, you can add the hub Tapo H200 or Tapo H100 to your TP-Link ID, and then add an Automation entry on the Tapo app to trigger the hubs(H200 or H100) to ring when the Tapo Doorbell D230 be pressed or detects events.
(Note: the Tapo cam can't connect to the hub H100 to go to the internet.)

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Multiple Ringing Chimes for Doorbell-Solution
2023-08-30 07:38:15 - last edited 2023-08-30 15:02:13

@OnionAbroad 

Hi,
Thank you for your case report.
1. You can try to move the existing hub Tapo H200 closer to the back garden cabin, go to Tapo app>>Tapo H200's Device Settings page>>Siren>>Custom Siren Sound to set the Volume louder, and then check if you can hear the chime when it's ringing.

2. If you need more hubs to ring, you can add the hub Tapo H200 or Tapo H100 to your TP-Link ID, and then add an Automation entry on the Tapo app to trigger the hubs(H200 or H100) to ring when the Tapo Doorbell D230 be pressed or detects events.
(Note: the Tapo cam can't connect to the hub H100 to go to the internet.)

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Multiple Ringing Chimes for Doorbell
2023-08-30 14:58:40

Thanks  @Solla-topee 

Option 2 definitely is what I'd been hoping unless I've misread it. Are you talking about one hub or 2+?

Is it possible to set up multiple hubs to ring via an automation entry and can you please advise how to make that configuration of possible?

Options
2023-08-30 15:02:02

@Solla-topee ha did a search for "automation entry" and found it!! 

Thanks very much!!! I think I've set it up now.

Options
2023-08-31 08:55:23

@OnionAbroad 

Hi,
Thank you for the updates.
1. You can add one or 2+ hubs as per your desire.

2. Below is the instruction to set up the Automation entry on the Tapo app.
How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1345

Replies: 4

Related Articles