P100 plugs react slow to commands

2023-08-29 20:57:26
Model: Tapo P100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5 Build 230324 Rel.143956

As mentioned in the title, I have a set of 4 plugs and they all respond to Alexa commands around a minute late, especially when not used for a while. If I were to repeat the commands in a row it seems fine, but if I were to command (voice and/or app) an hour later it would respond slow (if at all.) 

This is odd because I have previously purchased a single P100 plug before and it was flawless — still is. They're all connected to the same network and according to the Tapo App all updated to the latest firmware. So what could the issue be?

Options
22 Reply
Re:P100 plugs react slow to commands
2023-08-30 09:32:30

@leia 

Please check whether the problem plugs are having the same hardware and firmware version? How about the working P100?

Have you tried to relink Alexa with Tapo (disable Tapo skill and re-enable)?

Is there any delay if you use Tapo App to control the plugs remotely with mobile data or use other non-local wifi?

Is there any scenes or routine on the Alexa? Does this problem occur when you try to turn on a scene/routine or just control a single plug?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-30 09:40:31

@leia 

By the way, do you mean a single command is executed immediately after continuous operation, however the delay will reoccur if there is no operation for a period of time?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-08-31 19:22:45 - last edited 2023-08-31 19:26:56

@Wayne-TP The hardware and firmware versions are different.

The working and older P100:

Hardware Version

Firmware Version

1.4.18 Build 20230711 Rel. 55651

Any way to get them to the same version? It seems to work better than the newer ones.

I have relinked to Alexa and tried controlling via Tapo App using data — the problem persists, there was still quite a delay.

I do use routines, but the problem also occurs when I control a single plug.

I have connected them to kitchen lights - one with the old plug and another with a new one, and the command "kitchen on/off" would control both. That's how I noticed the old one working smoothly while the new one would react almost a minute late. The same with the other plugs of the same set. 

And yes to the last question, it works fine after continuous attempts and the delay reoccurs if there is no operation for a period of time.

Options
2023-09-01 07:47:45

@leia 

Thank you for the reply. Regarding this problem,we would like to escalate your case to the support engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox later and respond.    

Options
2023-11-26 13:16:15

@leia Hello

I have the exact same problem. 

I have 4 x p100 plugs with HW variant 1.20.0 and they work flawlessly with Alexa voice commands.

I have 4 x p100 plugs with HW variant 2.0 and they usually take about a minute to respond to Alexa voice commands. (sometimes this fails completely)

All of the 8 plugs have the latest firmware. 

There is no such delay when using the Tapo App to change the power state.

Please tell me how I can resolve this?

Options
2023-11-28 09:51:51 - last edited 2023-11-28 09:54:12

@gavinliston 

Is the voice command controlling the power state of a single plug? Does it involve any groups, routines or automation?

How about control the plugs with Alexa App?

Options
2023-11-28 10:23:18

@Wayne-TP 

Yes it is a single plug I am controlling.

The same issue is seen when sending the command using the Alexa App directly.

Options
2023-11-29 01:29:19

@gavinliston 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box later and confirm.

Options
2023-11-29 08:30:58

@Wayne-TP confirmed, thanks 👍

Options
2024-02-17 10:28:28

@leia 

Hello,

Was there a resolution. 

I have a number of Alexa, godsend and smart life devices active at the moment with no historic or current issues. They worked out of box well and continue to do so.

I received the package OF 4 PLUGS AND 6 BULBS, TAPO, and activated the devices in the TAPO app and then linked to Alexa.

My issue is that it can take up to 5 minutes before the lights/devices activate after an Alexa command. Can be instant after it activates.

I have tried to rename the devices/locations/groups the same on both apps. Deregistered the account.

It is random, sometimes it will be instant and sometimes it will be 5+ minutes.

I really dont want to have to send them back.

Options