Tapo C310 + Google Home, set camera Offline manually

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-30 13:12:48 - last edited 2023-08-31 06:57:12
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1,3,5

I have a C310 smart camera that I've integrated with the Tapo app to Google Home, and this works perfectly fine. I am doing some automation with Google Home script. My automation in Google Home checks if the C310 is online, and then turns on/changes colors to some bulbs around the place. But I'd like Google Home to do things with my Tapo bulbs if the camera is Offline, and I'd like this to be done manually. Is there a way to put the camera to sleep, put it offline or similar, from the Tapo app, so it registers as Offline in Google Home?

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo C310 + Google Home, set camera Offline manually
2023-08-31 07:02:41

@Sacredheart 

Hi,
It's unable to change the camera status on the Tapo app to offline. However, you can try to block the camera from going to the internet on your router to achieve your requirements, such as adding the camera to the blocklist on your router or using the Access Control feature to block the camera from going to the internet.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 256

Replies: 1

Related Articles