Votes

C420 S2 Shortcut Actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

C420 S2 Shortcut Actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C420 S2 Shortcut Actions
C420 S2 Shortcut Actions
2023-09-04 04:49:39
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.12

The current programmable automation shortcut or trigger based actions for the C420 camera only allow for privacy mode to be enabled/disable, this is rather limiting given the available features of this camera. 

Can the C420 programmable actions be extended to allow for:

- Spotlight On/Off (plus auto off after a set time)

- Alarm On/Off (plus auto off after a set time)

- Talk On/Off (plus auto off after a set time)

- Voice Call On/Off (plus auto off after a set time)

- Still Photo

These actions can currently only be manually performed on a single camera at a time, i.e you need to navigate to that camera and the action only applies to that camera.  This process is a bit cumbersome and slow.

If these actions are available then a programed shortcut or trigger based action for 1 or more cameras can be defined.  Furthermore the automation trigger actions could then be used with other devices, eg the S200B button could be used to trigger these events on the camera.

Optional request:

-  Currently the alarm action for motion detection of the C420 can only trigger an alarm sound on the H200 hub (Trigger Hub Alarm feature), it would be great if this can be changed to trigger the other H200 sounds, eg doorbell.  A use case for example, a front door camera motion detection can trigger the doorbell sound on the hub rather then only alarm sounds. This could be a change to the current alarm settings or provide another motion action to trigger a Doorbell that can be enabled/disabled and configured.

Options
3 Reply
Re:C420 S2 Shortcut Actions
2023-09-05 07:15:26

@WHCam 

Hello, 
Thank you for your feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature requests.
While we don't have any specific details that I can share about if these features can come to the product or when they might, I'll log the feature requests and pass them along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
RE:C420 S2 Shortcut Actions
2023-10-25 14:32:13
Additional functionality will make the camera much more useful. Being able to control the light and alarm on/off would allow the light and alarm to be enable/disabled on a schedule or as part of a route triggered when leaving the house. The existing functionality (only allowing privacy mode to be enabled/disabled) is very limited and not what I expect from a smart camera.
Options
RE:C420 S2 Shortcut Actions
2024-01-23 13:49:35
Certainly, more options should be added
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 253

Replies: 3

Voters 3