Error message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Error message

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Error message
Error message
2023-09-20 22:51:33

I have a 320 that has worked great until today, 33 weeks later. I keep getting the message, "You have viewed the live video for 5 minutes with no action or input, cancel or continue." Likewise, I have always viewed the live video feed and have never received a notice like this. How do I turn this off? Do I have to click continue every 5 mins? Thanks.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Error message
2023-09-21 08:37:31

@illyriad 

Hi,
Generally, if you watch the camera's live stream remotely via the Tapo app, the camera live stream needs to be uploaded to the TP-Link Cloud server first and your phone then downloads and plays it. Upon this point, continuous live streaming strains your network bandwidth, and it might cause data allowance overages, which is also inconsistent with the advocacy of energy conservation, so there will be a time limitation for the live streaming, and you will be prompted to continue the viewing. To resume the stream, simply press YES/CONTINUE again.

Refer to the link for more suggestions: Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?

Best Regards

Options
2023-09-21 22:20:56

@illyriad Yes, I believe this is true. I retired to the Philippines, and here we have slow bandwidth to begin with, not fast like in the West. As of this morning, however, it all seems to be working normally, and I have not gotten an error message. As a side note, in my original content I mentioned 33 weeks, I meant to say 3 weeks. Thanks for your helpful reply. 

Options
2023-09-22 11:05:54

@illyriad 

Hi,
Usually, when your phone and the camera are connected to the same wireless network, you can stream the camera locally with the Tapo app and don't need through the TP-Link cloud server. In this circumstance, you can stream the camera continuously on your phone.
Best Regards

Options
2023-09-23 01:46:15

@illyriad That's good to know. Thanks for the information. Still learning.  

Options
2023-09-23 10:00:23 - last edited 2023-09-24 07:52:28

@Solla-topee How can I stream from the app without going through the WI-FI and do I lose any functionality by doing it that way?

Are you talking about Bluetooth? If so, the Tapo is not set up for Bluetooth although my phone is. Thanks so much.

Options
2023-09-26 09:07:20

@illyriad 

Hi, 
Generally, after the Tapo camera is configured successfully via the Tapo app, it's connected to a Wi-Fi(usually your home Wi-Fi) network to go to the internet.

When your phone and the camera are connected to the same Wi-Fi, your phone can stream the camera locally, and in this circumstance, you will not get the Continue prompt.

When your phone is using mobile data or connected to a different Wi-Fi network, it streams the camera via the TP-Link cloud server, and in this circumstance, you will get the Continue prompt. However, there is no problem to control your camera via the Tapo app.

Hope this explanation can help you. And you can refer to the link to learn more regarding your issue: Why can't I view the live stream of the Tapo camera continuously?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 418

Replies: 6

Related Articles