Votes

Tapo 3.0 widget improvement suggestions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-10 07:58:53

Thanks and congrats on the new 3.* release, there are loads of useful new features! I would like to suggest a few improvements relating to widgets:

1. Allow editing existing widgets: Allow editing existing widgets using long-tap, so users can change widget target device, for example.
  2. Show device on/off status on device widgets: Device and bulb widgets have two buttons (ON and OFF), but the widget does not show if the device is on or off, so you still have to open the Tapo app to check a device's current status. It would be useful if this information could be shown directly on the widget, for example, as a slider switch that slides left and turns gray to mean OFF and slides right and turns blue to mean ON.
  3. Make whole button area tappable for on/off widgets: At the moment, widgets of this kind have separate ON and OFF buttons. These buttons are very small (and therefore difficult to tap), and yet the widget itself takes up a lot of screen space. I prefer the way shortcut widgets work because I can tap anywhere on the widget area to run the shortcut, which is a lot easier in terms of ergonomics than tapping a very small button.
  4. Custom widget background color: This would help users to locate visually.widgets quickly, in addition to icons and text labels
  5. Smaller camera widget: The current camera widget takes up a minimum of 4x3 icons which is too big considering how little it does (it only shows an old still of the video stream, not a live video stream). I would like a simple 1x1 widget with just a camera icon and the name of the camera, with custom background color (see previous point). When this widget is tapped, it would open the camera page directly.

So far I'm really enjoying widgets. It really makes it easier to control my most frequently used devices and shortcuts. Thank you 😀

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tapo 3.0 widget improvement suggestions
2023-10-26 10:19:54

@RandyAndy 

Hello, 
Thank you for your valuable feedback here, we certainly appreciate your feedback and feature requests, and I'll log them and pass them along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 147

Replies: 1

Voters 1