Kasa Cam is not panning fully

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-12 11:00:34 - last edited 2023-10-13 09:47:36
Tags: #Pan & Tilt
Model: EC70  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.14

My Kasa cam has stopped panning to its full extent. It's a 360-degree view camera and I used to be able to pan it from end to end. From the camera's POV, I am only able to pan, starting from the maximum left to about the halfway point, where the Kasa logo is. If I try to press the arrow to pan it towards the right more, it will not allow me to and text appears on the top: Camera Pan-Tilt has reached the maximum extent in this direction. Please drag to another direction.

In terms of the hardware, the camera isn't "stuck" per se, since I am able to manually pan the camera all the way to the right. 

I have not been able to find any help or even questions similar to the issue I've been having with the Kasa cam. I'm Kasa or someone can help me resolve this issue.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Kasa Cam is not panning fully
2023-10-13 09:52:25

@vee_hehe 

Hi,
Please go to the camera's Device Settings page on the Kasa app>tap Pan & Tilt Correction, then on the camera's Live View page, can the camera pan 360-degree?
If so, after the Pan & Tilt Correction process, please check if you can pan the camera 360 degrees with the button on the Live View>Pan & Tilt page.

Best Regards

Options
2023-10-13 10:02:46

@Solla-topee

Hi,

The settings menu on the app does not have "Pan & Tilt Correction."  See attached image.

I've also went into each menu item. No option.

Solla-topee wrote

@vee_hehe 

Hi,
Please go to the camera's Device Settings page on the Kasa app>tap Pan & Tilt Correction, then on the camera's Live View page, can the camera pan 360-degree?
If so, after the Pan & Tilt Correction process, please check if you can pan the camera 360 degrees with the button on the Live View>Pan & Tilt page.

Best Regards

Options
2023-10-13 11:24:44

@vee_hehe 

Hi,
If the EC70 does not have the Pan & Tilt Correction feature, please turn it off, then turn it on, and check if the camera will pan 360 degrees automatically.

Best Regards

Options
2023-10-13 11:59:26 - last edited 2023-10-13 11:59:56

@Solla-topee 

Hi,

I have already tried turning it on and off. It did not solve the problem. I have tried the following:

1. Removing device and adding it again to my account and app. 

2. Hard reset on the camera itself and setting it up as a new device. 

3. I've even tried toggling the upside down view.

4. Moved it to a different location.

5. Downloaded and used the Kasa app on my iPad to try panning it

None of these resolved the issue. 

Options
2023-10-16 12:16:30

@vee_hehe 

Hi,
Based on the troubleshooting you have done, you can try to contact your retailer or local support to get a replacement if your camera is under warranty.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 663

Replies: 5

Tags

Pan & Tilt
Related Articles