Do i need wifi for this camera

2023-10-27 15:40:15 - last edited 2023-10-31 10:08:46
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought this just for security reasons for our barber shop, but we dont have wifi. Do we need this?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Do i need wifi for this camera-Solution
2023-10-30 07:34:01 - last edited 2023-10-31 10:08:46

@Cap_01 

Hi,
You need a Wi-Fi network to set up the Tapo C200, for example, you can enable the hotspot Wi-Fi on your smartphone, and refer to the link below to set up the Tapo C200.
Tapo Smart Camera Unboxing and Configuration Video

Once the Tapo C200 is configured successfully, you can insert an SD card into it and configure the Detection and microSD Card settings on the Tapo app to store the video recordings. 
How to use the Detection function of the Tapo & Kasa cameras?

Then you can turn off the hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, and the camera will keep monitoring and storing video recordings to the SD card. However, the features that require internet, such as sync time and date, remote control, etc., will not work anymore.

If you want to watch the video recordings, you can remove the SD card from the camera and connect it to your computer via an SD card adapter, then watch the video recordings on your computer.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Do i need wifi for this camera-Solution
2023-10-30 07:34:01 - last edited 2023-10-31 10:08:46

@Cap_01 

Hi,
You need a Wi-Fi network to set up the Tapo C200, for example, you can enable the hotspot Wi-Fi on your smartphone, and refer to the link below to set up the Tapo C200.
Tapo Smart Camera Unboxing and Configuration Video

Once the Tapo C200 is configured successfully, you can insert an SD card into it and configure the Detection and microSD Card settings on the Tapo app to store the video recordings. 
How to use the Detection function of the Tapo & Kasa cameras?

Then you can turn off the hotspot Wi-Fi on your phone, and the camera will keep monitoring and storing video recordings to the SD card. However, the features that require internet, such as sync time and date, remote control, etc., will not work anymore.

If you want to watch the video recordings, you can remove the SD card from the camera and connect it to your computer via an SD card adapter, then watch the video recordings on your computer.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 242

Replies: 1

Related Articles