Troubleshooting: What to do If Fail to Configure Tapo H200 Hub

2023-11-15 02:38:03 - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo H200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Here are some tips for resolving configuration issues with Tapo H200. Identify the error message you encounter in the Tapo App, and troubleshoot the issue based on the corresponding suggestions.

Case One: Unable to Find Your Tapo Device

When this error occurs, usually it indicates Tapo App fails to discover the device.

1. Update the Tapo App to the latest version. 
2. <Before connecting ethernet cable> Ensure Tapo H200 enters onboarding mode (LED flashes orange and green), if not, perform a factory reset.
How to reset H200: Use a pin to press and hold the reset button until the LED starts flashing red. 
3. Ensure the router's LAN port and the ethernet cable used function well. H200's LED turns to solid orange when connected to the router.

Tips: Connect a laptop to the same LAN port with the same ethernet cable, and verify whether the PC has internet access. 

4. Ensure the smartphone and H200 are connected to the same network (same subnet) during the configuration. Disable VPN if any. 

Topology reference

*For iOS users, check if the Local Network permission for the Tapo App is enabled. 

Why do I need to give local access permission to TP-Link apps in IOS 14?

Case Two: Pairing Failed

"Pairing failed" usually indicates Tapo device failed to join the router WiFi network or failed to obtain an IP address.

1. Confirm whether Tapo H200 has obtained an IP address successfully.

Tips: Go to Router's DHCP settings or client list, locate the H200 according to its Mac address. 

2. Temporarily disable the router firewall and attempt to reconnect the H200.

If the problem cannot be resolved with the above suggestions, report your case to @Wayne-TP  via private message with the following format and information below.

[Forum ID 641360] Fail to Configure Tapo H200 + Error Message

1. Your Contact Email

2. The troubleshooting steps you've tried and the results. 
3. Model of your router
4. Model and Android/iOS version of your phone
5. Mac address of the Tapo H200

Related Articles

What can I do if the battery-powered cameras fail to pair with the Tapo H200?

What Should I Do if My Tapo Sensors or Buttons Won’t Connect to My Tapo Hub?

How to improve the connection stability of my Hub and its sub-devices

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
12 Reply
Re:Troubleshooting: What to do If Fail to Configure Tapo H200 Hub
2023-12-07 17:50:27

@Wayne-TP 

Options
2023-12-14 12:19:10

@Jytte 

If this configuration still exists after trying the suggestions in this thread, you may seek advanced assistance by providing the needed information to me via private message as indicated on this thread. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2023-12-20 10:59:20

@Wayne-TP 

Options
2023-12-30 15:50:55

@Wayne-TP 

I have the same problem and i dont seem to be able to solve it. Please assist.

Regards

Vincent

Options
2024-01-02 07:44:45

@Wayne-TP 

HI, 

Just sent you a message for help...

Options
2024-01-03 09:37:13

@Siaogu  You may refer to this article and provide me with the needed information for further assistance.

@SwedMike No receiving any message. Please double-check.

Options
2024-03-01 16:26:43

@Wayne-TP  is there any update here, I've tried to connect 3 separate hubs without any success. What do you suggest before I return my newly purchased doorbell and cameras. I've tried everything in this thread 

Options
2024-03-04 01:40:38

@Darrell71 

What problems did you encounter? Error message? What troubleshooting have you tried? What are the device software and hardware versions and router information?

Please provide as specific information as possible for our reference. A simple sentence that doesn't work won't let us know what happened.

Options
2024-03-30 00:28:09

@Wayne-TP 

Hi Wayne i have tried by switching VPN off turned off guest network turned on local network the H200 hub glows solid amber light have reset several times tird  with different phones an ipad as well please help 

Options
2024-03-30 00:30:38

@Stalbans fixed now thanks 

Options