Tapo c200 rtsp and onvif not working anymore

Tapo c200 rtsp and onvif not working anymore

63 Reply
Re:Tapo c200 rtsp and onvif not working anymore
2023-11-29 13:41:05

@Solla-topee 

I was just sharing with community.

I can't stress enough that having security, baby, etc. cameras broken for so long it's really unacceptable. While I have not thrown mine away, it's something that needs to be seriously addressed, for example by allowing downgrades, MUCH better testing on your side before making any releases.

-M

Options
2023-11-29 14:50:35

@firefox7518 A reply from the tech team today to suggest trying a home assistant custom integration, this is what I have been trying to do and it's failing authentication.

Options
2023-11-29 15:00:39

@Strickers 

I can't see how that would help, the info shared here shows the ports don't respond to simple curl requests. Or otherwise xmit/rcv any data on the broken firmware.

Options
2023-11-30 08:22:23

@mattsm @Strickers 

Hi, 
Thank you for the updates, I have informed the tech team to analyze the issue as soon as possible, and it's suggested to reply to the email if there are any updates.
We have tested the new firmware before releasing it to ensure its performance, but some issues may happen only under specific usage scenarios and do not appear during the test. We will keep improving the test method and environment to ensure the camera's performance with the new firmware and will help solve the new issue soon.
Best Regards

Options
2023-11-30 15:47:33

@Solla-topee 

So far the person contacting me via email has not made any meaningful progress. Just basic stuff.

The gist is the devices with new firmware are not respdoning to arp requests so no other devices on the local network can see them. Something odd is going on. Enabling Proxy-ARP on your AP *might* help mitigate the issue somewhat.

-M

Options
2023-12-01 07:18:45

@Solla-topee 

I have the same problem with no video in home assistant after update my C200 to latest firmware. The camera showing video for a while after reboot and then freeze.

In Tapo app working without any problem. Problem is only in home assistant. 

Before last firmware all working without any problem

Please for quick solution with this.

Options
2023-12-01 17:32:32

@mattsm 

Another update, besides the ARP issue above on my C320WS the ONVIF services are not running on port 2020. However the rtsp is working (after bypassing the ARP issues)

Options
2023-12-04 10:53:22

I've the same issue with firmware 1.3.9:
after upgrade the connection via ONVIF is broken and not working anymore!

I've read some other threads here and from some i read the following:
if the camera has local SD in it, one should remove the SD card and the connection is working.
I've not tested this behavior. Could someone confirm this?

If so: @tp-link: are you joking???
Make sure you re-activate access via ONVIF quickly!
Deactivating ONVIF with a firmware update is not legally correct!

Options
2023-12-04 15:39:43

Someone from TPLink said they could reproduce at least some of the issues we are seeing.

Options
2023-12-05 18:11:32

I don't know if it is directly related, but I am having issues with my c200 cameras since updating firmware as well. They are broadcasting via RTSP to a local NVR, which still appears to be workign correctly until I block the cameras from outside internet access. I've been using the parental controls on my router to block them from accesing any services, and it was working fine. Now it appears as soon as I block them, they appear to lose conenction and constantly reset themselves doing the full pan reset sequence.

Options
Related Articles