Votes

Alarm feature to be enabled like Notifications in C320WS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-17 12:08:37 - last edited 2023-11-20 10:22:52

Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version: V2.0
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

Hello, experts. I have recently purchased a TAPO C320WS CCTV camera. I am facing a peculiar problem! I want the camera to do this which I am not able to achieve: 

(a)  Record activity in entire camera view under motion detection, alongwith
(b)  Person detection, throughout the day and night, and
(c)  give me an alarm with required line crossing detection and Area Intrusion detection for a limited selected area; within the camera view between night 2200 hrs to next morning 0600 hrs.

On the contrary, I am able to set the notifications for night 2200 to morning 0600 hrs (with exactly same requirements/ settings) because of the available option of "Activity Type" under 'Notifications'.

I feel if 'Activity Type' is provided under 'Alarm' too, then I would be able to achieve what I desire. In this case I would just require to deselect 'Person Detection' and 'Motion Detection' under alarm.

Is there any alternate way to achieve this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Alarm feature to be enabled like Notifications in C320WS
2023-11-20 10:22:16 - last edited 2023-11-20 10:22:33

@Lionkingz 

Hi,
Currently, the Tapo C320WS does not have the feature to meet your usage scenario, and I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
Re:Alarm feature to be enabled like Notifications in C320WS
2023-11-20 10:33:56

@Solla-topee 

Thanks. I hope that this feature is introduced soon since it will improve alarm feature immensely.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 277

Replies: 2

Voters 3