Constant Allerts

Constant Allerts

Constant Allerts
Constant Allerts
2023-11-22 23:40:45 - last edited 2023-11-23 01:12:55
Model: Tapo C320WS  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: En Version 2.0

My Tapo gives me constant alerts (notifications), even when nothing is there. I turned everything off; notifications, sensitivity, alerts, people, area, intrusion, etc. All are off yet I keep getting sound notifications. I just want to be able to turn on the various detections without receiving constant false notifications. Thanks.

Edit: I also might mention that the camera is mounted on our covered porch and is about 75 yards (ca. 69 m) from the road.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Constant Allerts
2023-11-23 08:54:18

@illyriad 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information about the reported issue.
1. Please send me the pictures of the camera's Device Settings>Detection, Alarm, and Notifications page.
2. When you get a sound notification, can you see a video recording is created on the Tapo app>Playback & Downlaod>Playback page? If so, what kind of event triggered the sound notification or recording, such as motion, person, vehicle, etc?
3. Please send me the MAC address of your camera via a private message.

Best Regards

Options
2023-11-23 12:57:04

@Solla-topee Hello and thanks for the reply. I am not a techie guy when it comes to smartphones. If the device were on my computer, I would have no problem screen printing and sending what you want. My pc is not hooked up that way. I can tell you I had 51 detections through the night. I turned it off sometime during the night. Then this afternoon I made a few changes. I left the motion detection to off with zero sensitivity. The person function I turned back on but put the sensitivity to zero. Vehicle detection I put back on and left the sensitivity to zero. The line detection I put back on and reduced the size. The area intrusion I put back on and reduced the size. Camera tampering I left off. So far this evening I have had only one alert and that was a motorcycle with our renter on it coming home about 25 yards (0.02 km) away. I have had nothing during the day like I had last night at 51 detections. Most of the detections had nothing to see that would cause them. Some were insects flying by the camera or shadows from nearby trees. I like the way it works now, but I am not sure if I am getting the necessary security. I suppose if it detected the motorcycle, it will also detect a person walking even with the sensitivity turned down? Likewise, I may have overreacted in posting this post after seeing the 51 alerts last night. What do you think? Thanks.

Options
2023-11-25 09:23:19

@illyriad 

Hi,
It's suggested to keep your current settings to test for some time, usually, if the person, vehicle, etc. detection types are enabled, even if the sensitivity is set to the lowest level, these features are working and can protect your security. You can adjust the sensitivity settings according to the actual usage scenario and make the settings suit your usage scenario.
Best Regards

Options
2023-11-25 22:58:00

@Solla-topee Yes, thanks for that. I am realizing that is the case. I also turned off the motion detector, and that greatly reduced detections from moths and such. Furthermore, I will take my time and slowly tweak it according to what happens. Take care and thanks.

Options
2023-11-27 06:56:53

@illyriad 

Hi,
Thank you for your attempt and support of our product, and please feel free to let us know if you have any questions.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 189

Replies: 5

Related Articles