Trigger C420 camera recording action when T100 sensor detects motion

2023-12-05 11:52:29 - last edited 2023-12-06 08:49:19
Model: Tapo C420S2  
Hardware Version: V20
Firmware Version: 1.2.23
Hi,

I have a set of C420S2 cameras, its H200 HUB and a T100 motion sensor. Everything up to date in terms of firmware and the Android app, also the latest version 3.1.315.

Since I have the cameras at a height of 3 floors, the detection of motion and people does not work well at this height. For this I have purchased an additional Tapo T100 motion sensor (which does report correctly when there is movement, compared to cameras).

I would like to know if it is possible to trigger an intelligent recording action of the C420 cameras when the T100 sensor detects movement, but
the Tapo app only allows me to trigger the "privacy" action on cameras.

I am doing something wrong? Is it a problem with the HUB model?

Could it be achieved by linking the Kasa application?

Any other way?

Is it impossible and do I have to publish it in the request section for new features?

Thanks in advance. A cordial greeting.
Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re: Trigger C420 camera recording action when T100 sensor detects motion-Solution
2023-12-06 08:45:24 - last edited 2023-12-06 08:49:19

@djinet 

The detection recording on the camera can only be triggered through the camera's detection mechanism at the moment. We can consider this is a new feature request.

If anyone thinks the same with @djinet and would like to see this feature on the Tapo devices, vote for this thread and share your thoughts here: Trigger C420 camera recording smart action when T100 sensor detects motion

BTW, a camera installed so high will theoretically have an impact on the picture quality and accuracy of motion detection, have you encountered any anomalies in your current use?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re: Trigger C420 camera recording action when T100 sensor detects motion-Solution
2023-12-06 08:45:24 - last edited 2023-12-06 08:49:19

@djinet 

The detection recording on the camera can only be triggered through the camera's detection mechanism at the moment. We can consider this is a new feature request.

If anyone thinks the same with @djinet and would like to see this feature on the Tapo devices, vote for this thread and share your thoughts here: Trigger C420 camera recording smart action when T100 sensor detects motion

BTW, a camera installed so high will theoretically have an impact on the picture quality and accuracy of motion detection, have you encountered any anomalies in your current use?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re: Trigger C420 camera recording action when T100 sensor detects motion
2023-12-06 12:35:26

@Wayne-TP Hi,
the detection recording on the camera can´t only be triggered through the camera's detection mechanism is a limitation of the C420 model or for all the camera models?

Is there a camera model that can be assigned the intelligent recording response when an event from a sensor such as the T100 is detected?

And, in response to your question about whether I have problems with quality, fluidity, accuracy in detecting people and movement, I would like to tell you that they are not very pronounced, but the image transmission stops at times.

Regarding the detection of motion and people, even with sensitivity levels at the highest, it detects very rarely.

Hence purchasing a T100 motion detector, which, unlike the C420 camera, detects any movement with great precision at that height.
Options
2023-12-08 06:44:52

@djinet 

Tapo camera does not have any model equipped with a dedicated motion sensor at the moment. Utilizing external devices, such as sensors, to trigger specific actions related to the camera is considered an additional advanced feature rather than a product limitation.

Personally, this is indeed a good way to enhance the accuracy of camera detection. Let's see what other users think about it. Hot topic is more likely to be noticed and evaluated by the product team.

Options
2024-01-08 17:53:49

@Wayne-TP it would equally be helpful if you can trigger a recording when the T110 sensor opened up as well. To force a brief recording when die instance a gate opening is triggered.

Options
2024-02-12 17:06:38 - last edited 2024-02-12 17:08:32

I've been buying a number of Tapo devices recently and like things so far...
I had assumed that the T100 Motion Sensor would be able to activate a C420 camera, so am a bit disappointed to find this is not the case.
The Tapo T100 webpage does give the impression that this would be possible, it even shows a sensor interacting with the C420 camera with the text "turn on all devices...".

https://www.tapo.com/en/product/smart-sensor/tapo-t100/

Options