tapo c220 keeps disconnecting(going offline)

2023-12-09 07:33:53 - last edited 2024-02-22 08:28:25
Model: Tapo C220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 build 231109 rel 66857n

My tapo C220 is kinda useless because it keeps going offline.

It is placed next to a c200 and they are both connected to the same wifi network. (from-43 to -50RSI)

c200 works like a charm while C220 disconnects while still showing solid green light.

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:tapo c220 keeps disconnecting(going offline)-Solution
2024-02-22 08:28:18 - last edited 2024-03-15 07:55:11

Update on March 15, 2024.

Hi All,

The latest firmware(1.1.9 Build 240223 Rel.56143n) of the Tapo C220 has been released and it has solved the disconnect issue. It's recommended to update the firmware of the Tapo C220 to the latest one if your camera keeps going offline.

How to update the firmware of the Tapo&Kasa devices on the Tapo App?

Best Regards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi All,
If your Tapo C220 (with the firmware 1.1.4 or 1.1.6 version) keeps going offline on the Tapo app, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. Please describe your network diagram in detail, such as the internet cable--wireless router)))(((Tapo Camera, phones, etc.
What's the model number of your router? If you have other Tapo cameras, are they working fine?

2. Confirm the LED status on the camera when it shows offline on the Tapo app.

3. Send me(@Solla-topee) the Forum ID 645544 and MAC address of the problematic camera via a private message.

4. Confirm how you get the camera back online after it shows offline on the Tapo app, such as rebooting the camera will recover its connection, or you need to factory reset and reconfigure the camera.

5. If you have a microSD card inserted into the camera, refer to the link below to collect the camera log, and let me know if you have collected it.
How to get the log of Tapo Camera?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:tapo c220 keeps disconnecting(going offline)-Solution
2024-03-01 07:49:25 - last edited 2024-03-07 05:39:53

@Jarusmola 

Hi,
Please help confirm the following information to get the firmware that may help to solve your issue.
1. Confirm the LED status on the camera Tapo C220 when it shows offline on the Tapo app.
2. Confirm how you get the camera back online after it shows offline on the Tapo app, such as rebooting the camera will recover its connection, or you need to factory reset and reconfigure the camera.
3. Send me(@Solla-topee) the Forum ID 645544 + MAC address of the problematic camera via a private message.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
47 Reply
Re:tapo c220 keeps disconnecting(going offline)
2023-12-09 10:32:56

@Mihai_S 

Pues a mi me sucede igual....y creo que ha sido tras la ultima actualizacion de firmware.

Well, the same thing happens to me...and I think it was after the last firmware update.

Options
2023-12-11 11:21:50

@Mihai_S @Arintec 
Hi,
Thank you for the case report, and please help confirm the following information about it.

1. Please describe your network diagram in detail, such as the internet cable--wireless router)))(((Tapo Camera, phones, etc.
Is the camera connected to your router's Wi-Fi directly? How far between them? Are there obstacles between them?

2. Do you have the offline status when your phone connects to the same Wi-Fi network as the camera or only when your phone uses other Wi-Fi/4G networks?

3. Have you tried to enable a guest network on your router and connect the Tapo C220 to the guest network only, then check if it will have a stable connection?

4. You can try to swap the locations of the Tapo C200 and C220, then check if the C220 will be stable.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-11 21:46:35

@Solla-topee 

1. internet cable ---- wireless router ))))(((( all my devices (tapo c200, tapo c220, 3 mobile phones, 2 laptops, 3 android tablets, some other wifi devices-smart plugs, smart sensors, smart thermostat)

the wireless router is a tp-link Archer C5 v4

yes, the cameras are connected directly to the wifi  and the distance betweem them is 1-max 2 meters across a brick wall (they are in the other room)

the wifi signal is strong around -43RSI (it rarely gets to -50RSI)

2. they appear offline regardless of where I am at the moment (in another town on mobile data or when I get back home and connect to the same wifi)

3. did not try a guest network

4. swap their location? they are literally next to each other, touching each other. I think swapping locations is pointless

I can also provide debug(diagnostic) logs from the c220 when it got disconnected.

I've now connected a second c220camera but this one is wothout the firmware update; just to test if the latest update is to blame.

Options
2023-12-12 08:46:44

@Mihai_S 

Hi,
How often does the offline issue happen on the Tapo app with the Tapo C220 V1, 1.1.4?

Please let me know your test result with the new Tapo C225, and I'll then escalate the case to the tech team for further help.

Best Regards

Options
2023-12-17 13:18:58

@Solla-topee there's no specific "schedule" for the disconnection. I can't find any relation between disconnections (it sometimes disconnects 2 times in the same day, or works like a charm for 3-4 days and then disconnects)

but today, the v1.1.4 C220 got disconnected, while the v1.0.5 C220 and the C200 remained both online and working fine(as they should)

all in the same room, all connected to the same wifi

Options
2023-12-19 07:12:15

@Mihai_S 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your update. I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.
Best Regards

Options
2023-12-30 03:40:51
reading many forums and TPLink Deco app seems very problematic as lots of complaints on Disconnect Notifications for using Tapo cameras. I wish TPLink would instead try it themseves in there labs to see the problem instead of trying to troubleshoot in a forum or via Support Ticket. My Ticket has been opened for a while and still nit fixed.
Options
2024-01-08 04:08:09

@Solla-topee I having the same problem too, after updating to firmware 1.1.4, the camera often goes offline. When trying to plug out and plug in the power adapter for the camera to restart, it will back to work normally for several hours then goes offline again.

Options
2024-01-09 07:15:50

@NguyenKhoi 

Hi,
It's hard to locate the issue based on the phenomenon description, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

Is the camera connected to your router's Wi-Fi directly? How far between them? Are there obstacles between them?

2. What's the LED status on the Tapo C220 when it goes offline on the Tapo app? Do you see the offline status when your phone connects to the same Wi-Fi network as the camera or only when your phone uses other Wi-Fi/4G networks?

3. Do you have a microSD card inserted into the camera? If so, refer to the instructions below to help collect the device log.
How to get the log of Tapo Camera?

Best Regards

Options
2024-01-09 11:40:54

@Solla-topee I've sent these into your private message!

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 3270

Replies: 47

Related Articles