Upstairs map - returning to home station?

2023-12-09 12:02:28
Model: Tapo RV30 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I mapped my home and I have now two maps, one maine floor where home station is also located. I took the vacuum by hand to upper stairs, mapped and cleaned. All is ok, except when it finished, it looked for home station for like 15 minutes. There is no home station upstairs, how to make Tapo RV30 Plus not look for it upstairs when on that specific map?

Options
7 Reply
Re:Upstairs map - returning to home station?
2023-12-09 20:16:40

Here is the perfect sample. After it finished the bathroom, it cannot go back through normal means as there is a step at that door that the vacuum cannot cross alone, but it tries hard bumping into all walls for 10-15 minutes. I did not leave it finish the crazy trials and stopped the madness. Is this normal? 

Same things happens when I take it manually upstairs. It goes above the place where the station is but what lower level and bumps into everything there trying to find the home station which is on a lower lever.

What good is map recognition then if it cannot understand it cannot go alone to it?

Options
2023-12-13 10:21:36
I have the same issue.
Options
2023-12-13 12:20:21

@Loco-FG This is a complete ommision from Tp-Link I think. You can have 3 maps, but if you do and start cleaning, the vacuum is desoriented completely at the end of the session, and tries to go through the walls or stars to find the home station which obviously is not reachable on that map.

It should recognize the situation and just stop and alert user to be taken back to the map with the home station.

In fact, this is the same map, not different maps. BUt as you can see below, there is a big step to the bathroom...

Options
2023-12-14 18:35:23

@dutchsnowden 

... and they are not planning on fixing this.

This is the answer from them about it:

We've confirmed with our engineering team that the RV30 will keep looking for the station automatically even when they are not on the same floor. You will need to manually stop the product. 

Options
2023-12-14 18:40:55

@Loco-FG that is horrible. So it cannot detect it, stop and notify the user to move it manually?!?

Options
2024-01-10 11:40:37
I love my new vacuum but now also have this problem. Any fixes ? Thanks
Options
2024-01-10 11:41:52

It seems TP-Link does not care about this problem.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 742

Replies: 7

Related Articles