Overexposures on Windows and Doors

2023-12-24 00:22:44
Tags: #Feature Request #Overexposure
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.11

Please give me advice on how to counter or solve overexposure or too much brightness on windows and doors.

So, I bought a Tapo C210 camera (also have C225 v1 with the same issue). The perfect location would be for the cameras to directly point to the windows and door, so it could see inside the house and people passing by or peep on my windows and door. We don't have a gate, and I want to see the face of people who will peep or stand too close to the door and windows.

I can't see their faces or anything outside the window/door at all. All I see is super bright light.

Overexposure So bright!!!

I first bought my C225, and I thought it was just that bright because it has wider aperture than C210. Came to find out they have same overexposure problem. 

Please help me.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Overexposures on Windows and Doors
2023-12-25 09:57:47

@OverExposure 

Hi,
The camera will overexpose in the presence of bright light directed or reflected into the lens. Usually, we need to consider scenarios and avoid direct light or strong reflections when installing the camera.
In your usage scenario, it's suggested to install the camera in a different location that can avoid direct or reflected light into the lens but can protect your home security. For example, on the side of the door & window and monitor the motion/people if they into your room.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 160

Replies: 1

Tags

Feature Request
Overexposure
Related Articles