Can't add camera to smart actions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-01-18 19:09:27 - last edited 2022-08-09 09:01:38
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.12

I can't add camera to smart actions.When will such an opportunity arise? I need it very much.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't add camera to smart actions-Solution
2022-06-14 02:57:53 - last edited 2022-08-09 09:02:10

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for being interested in with Tapo Smart Action feature and here are some updates with this feature: 

Tapo Camera 1. Motion Triggered Automation  2.  Privacy Mode Action in Shortcut /Automation have been implemented on the first camera model Tapo C310 V1 1.3.0  ,visit thread below to learn about the new features: 

Tapo Camera Smart Action: Motion-Triggered Automation & Privacy Mode Shortcut 

Note: this feature has been implemented on certain camera models, there will be more Tapo cameras support this feature as well, so far the estimated date is not confirmed yet. Please keep an eye on the firmware update or the above thread for the latest information with Tapo camera smart action.

This has been one of the most popular feature requests for tapo device, and user request the same could or leave your comment on  corresponding thread directly,  this will help us organize your feedback and share with our team for evaluation regularly. Appreciated for your understanding.

Recommended Solution
Options
13 Reply
Re:Can't add camera to smart actions
2022-01-20 01:45:15 - last edited 2022-01-20 01:45:50

Hello @Fenita 

Thank you for being interested in Tapo smart Action feature. May I know how what scene do you want to set up using smart action feature, do you use Android or IOS device? 
As far as I know tapo camera smart action part is still under development, you may  keep on eye on the firmware release note of tapo camera for this feature on Tapo app 
How to create an automation or a shortcut of my Tapo device (smart bulb, smart plug, smart camera)

Options
2022-01-20 14:22:32

@Solla-topee , I would like to be able to enable / disable the camera in common scenarios with other devices. For example, I'm leaving home and I need to turn off sockets, lamps and turn on the camera.

Options
2022-01-21 08:30:18

Hello @Fenita 

Really appreciated for the explanation about the requested feature, Geo-fencing sounds to be useful, we will record your feedback first for further evaluation.  

If you use IOS device, you could check IOS Shortcut /Automation could work as the workaround. 

If anyone requests the similar feature, please comment below with the model or leave your idea in  Feature request board here , we would collect them for evaluation. Thank you. 

Options
2022-04-16 19:27:26

@Solla-topee Hi, I have the same issue. I'd like to automate the private mode on / off setting based on whether I'm coming home or leaving home using a shortcut. This scenario is even included in the templates in smart actions but the camera is not recognized there ("no available devices" under the smart camera option.

The camera works just fine in the app and I can enable / disable the private mode manually in the camera settings. So I don't understand why I cannot use it in smart actions.

I'm using Tapo C210 with the lates fw 1.1.16 Build 220119 Rel.41999n(4555)

TP-Link Tapo app version 2.4.70

Android 12

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3 5G 

Options
2022-06-07 15:34:31

@Solla-topee Hi, any news on this topic? Without this function the camera is not really smart and not worth the buy...

Options
2022-06-09 07:11:23

Hello @Dashiel 

Thank you very much for sharing scenarios, Tapo Camera Smart Action has been one  of the popular feature request you could find here,

Summary of most Popular Feature Requests for Tapo

The current Leave Home or Go home still require you to Tap the Shortcut you created to take active ( Trigger : with one tap ; Action: turn on/ off device )

not Geofencing yet. I've recorded your request for evaluation , we will  update on the above popular thread when there is any progress. 

Options
2022-06-12 20:19:42

@Solla-topee 

Missing feature from my side as well, I want to set automation like this:trigger would be camera motion detection; automation would be to turn on light on smart bulb.

Additionally, motion detection is even on low mode too sensitive, every bus triggers motion. On the other hand it missed to detect car leaving front yard.

Options
Re:Can't add camera to smart actions-Solution
2022-06-14 02:57:53 - last edited 2022-08-09 09:02:10

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for being interested in with Tapo Smart Action feature and here are some updates with this feature: 

Tapo Camera 1. Motion Triggered Automation  2.  Privacy Mode Action in Shortcut /Automation have been implemented on the first camera model Tapo C310 V1 1.3.0  ,visit thread below to learn about the new features: 

Tapo Camera Smart Action: Motion-Triggered Automation & Privacy Mode Shortcut 

Note: this feature has been implemented on certain camera models, there will be more Tapo cameras support this feature as well, so far the estimated date is not confirmed yet. Please keep an eye on the firmware update or the above thread for the latest information with Tapo camera smart action.

This has been one of the most popular feature requests for tapo device, and user request the same could or leave your comment on  corresponding thread directly,  this will help us organize your feedback and share with our team for evaluation regularly. Appreciated for your understanding.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-07-02 10:01:54

@Solla-topee Same here, model C210 with latest firmware.

Please resolve soon, it makes customers like me afraid of buying your smart things if they can't be added or detected. 

Options
2022-08-25 11:28:12
I'm also waiting for the same for my other cameras its working. I assume they should consider adding C210 as soon as possible.
Options

Information

Helpful: 11

Views: 1955

Replies: 13