Votes

POE capable camera

Votes

POE capable camera

POE capable camera
POE capable camera
2024-01-02 19:07:59

I'd love to see some POE outdoor cameras. I currently have some older Dahua IP cameras working off POE which I want to update. The C325WB looks like a great replacement feature-wise, the only downside is it's not a POE camera. I think with cameras of this feature-set they should have POE as they could really compete with some of the more professional cameras in terms of features vs price. Also, having to run two cables is such a pain and many people have to buy extensions for their power as they don't have a socket close enough - POE is a lot easier to work with, especially if you are running a few cameras.

Who knows, maybe at CES 2024 you will announce some POE cameras wink

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:POE capable camera
2024-01-04 10:58:53

@Markirl 

Hi,
We have some VIGI cameras support to be powered via POE, and you can refer to the link to see these models.
Best Regards 

Options
2024-01-23 13:15:19

@Solla-topee Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of those cameras but I do think that the non-business users would benefit from POE in the camera range.

Also, the camera I'm most interested in is the Tapo C325WB as it has the largest sensor in that range (1/1.79") which is better for colour at night. When I look at your Vigi range, from what I can see, all of the cameras have smaller sensors (1/2.7" - 1/3"). If you had POE on the C325WB (or a Vigi camera with that size sensor and POE), that camera would be a serious competitor to the Dahua and Hikvision cameras available.

Regards,

Mark

Options
2024-01-24 09:40:00

@Markirl 

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate, and we will continuously improve our products possible.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 435

Replies: 3

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.