Record longer before motion detection events

Votes

Record longer before motion detection events

25 Reply
Re:Record longer before motion detection events
2024-08-28 09:59:40

@DingoBingo 

Hi,
For the reported issue, it's suggested to start a new thread here with the following information for further analysis.

1. The model number and MAC address of your camera. You can send me(@Solla-topee) the MAC address via a private message.

2. The pictures of the camera's Detection, Wake-up Sensitivity, detection zone, and enabled detection types pages.

3. Can you share a video showing the reported problem?

Best Regards

Options
2024-08-28 15:02:40

"the intruder has already stolen half your house and left. This needs to be immediate, any delay is unacceptable."

Thank you Andy. Well said. 

Options
2024-08-28 15:05:36
Hi Solla, The problem is simple mate. My MAC and my settings are not going to fix it. My Eufy system, with the EXACT same settings, has been flawless. Even the tracking is a frustration. It detects movement and sends me a notification, BUT DOES NOT TRACK THE PERSON!! What is that about?? Just fix it mate. Your engineers can look at the code and do it. It’s not about my camera settings. They are setup correctly. I know this because when it does track, it tracks quite well! It’s just 1 in 50 detections that it chooses to.
Options
2024-08-28 15:12:49 - last edited 2024-08-28 15:15:06

Think of it like this. Us 9 people that have made the effort to vote are the only 9 people that care enough, and even then, I have still sold the cameras I did have, and you’ve lost out on a massive subsequent 2,500 spend because an alternative brand proved to do it better. I already have the remainder 1,000 dollars worth in my Eufy basket waiting until I get paid next month. How many people have put these products in the bin, without saying anything at all, and simply not returned to buy more of your products? If I was a sales manager, I would be FURIOUS if I found out that this thread exists and your team have said “yeh ok maybe we will look into it.” You’re stitching your company up from the inside. It’s unbelievable a moderator or someone hasn’t seen this.

Options
2024-08-28 17:08:30 - last edited 2024-08-28 17:52:53

@Solla-topee Sorry I'm not going to spend any time doing Tapo's work. Your engineers should be smart enough to understand my comment. I alreaady sent you guys a detailed report a while back about this issue and they demanded more information and stuff that's completely irrelevant (e.g. the MAC ID). If you need the MAC ID what you are saying is "this is a known issue and only some devices are affected, hence we need your MAC ID to check as you may have one of the affected devices". I don't think that's the case though. I didn't follow up on the case because I was expected to install a test version of the app that's not on the Play Store and then export a bunch of logs and email them to TP-Link. I think any engineer at TP-Link should be able to figure out the problem from the very detailed description I had already posted. In the end, I failed to follow up on the issue and TP-Link directly closed the ticket. Way to go TP-Link... instead of investigating the issue YOURSELVES, you expect your users to do your work for you, how lazy can you be?

The other thing is the audio of these cameras is subjected to extreme compression and cuts in and out all the time. I reported this, nothing was ever done. I know this thread is discussing a different issue but it's just frustrating and I don't feel like spending any more time, my time is more valuable. For me it's more cost-effective to put all my Tapo products in a box and sell it all on eBay, and then buy a competitor's solution because Tapo cameras are half-baked products. Tapo products themselves are good but the software is lacking and full of small annoyances, many more than I have time and energy to report (and I have already reported many).

Options
2024-08-29 03:26:48

@RandyAndy  @DingoBingo 
Hi,
The reported problem has a relation to do with the camera, the detailed configurations on it, the specific usage environment or scenarios, and more. To effectively address the issue you reported, we kindly ask for your cooperation in providing detailed information about the problem, this information is crucial for us to diagnose and resolve the issue. If you would like to continue troubleshooting, we are happy to assist you and hope to work together to find a solution.

Usually, if your case has already been forwarded to our tech team and if you didn't reply to the email from our tech team within a certain timeframe, the corresponding ticket/email will be automatically closed. However, if you would like to follow up, simply reply to the email, and the case will be reactivated.

Thank you for your understanding!
Best Regards

Options
2024-08-29 08:24:06

@Solla-topee If the ticket automatically closes after a couple of days (people have lives, jobs and things to do other than file bug reports, you know), it shows a lack of interest on TP-Link's part to resolve the problem. I already provided sufficient information and I feel further requests for log dumps and other stuff is just wasting my time, sorry.

Options
RE:Record longer before motion detection events
2024-08-29 12:14:37
Agree this is needed and I’ve often thought it would improve recordings a lot.
Options
2024-08-29 15:04:21 - last edited 2024-08-29 15:07:07

@Solla-topee 

just since my post there hav been +2 votes. 

I am not providing my MAC address. 

I am not doing any more troubleshooting. 
I am not keeping my remaining Tapo products. 

Your engineers need to work on this. 

I noticed today in the app, "Smart" section, it says I have 3 devices "available" for "Detection lights" and one devixe available for "Leak Detection" ...

How is either of my cameras going to turn a light on, let alone detect a leak when they can't even detect me or my wife walking around the house. 

my Eufy cameras on the other and ask me who the regular faces are (me, my wife, my gardener, my cleaner for example) and it tags us all accordingly. Similarly, for stranger, I takes a snapshot of their face and I can see the postman, UPS, Amazon people etc. 

Options
RE:Record longer before motion detection events
2 weeks ago
This is a feature you should implement in your product.
Options

Voters 17

+ 13 Voters