TAPO Sofware Keeps Forgetting my camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TAPO Sofware Keeps Forgetting my camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:TAPO Sofware Keeps Forgetting my camera
2024-01-22 07:04:13

@Solla-topee 

It happened for the 3rd time now after 1 hour of reinstalling the camera. So now I do not see any cameras on the app. I will await your advice but I am inclined to return the whole camera. Will await your response

Options
2024-01-22 10:10:50

@Bassam_Sabry-74 

Hi,
1. I have reported the issue to the tech team, and they will likely reach out to you via email to continue troubleshooting your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

2. It's recommended to troubleshoot with our tech team and we will help to solve the problem. If the problem is on the specific camera, you can contact the retailer or the local support to check if the camera is under warranty. (Note: only the retailer can provide the return service, and you can contact them to confirm if you can return the camera.)

Best Regards

Options
2024-02-10 09:16:26

@Solla-topee I have been having the exact same problem as the original poster. 

It is getting very tedious having to re add my cameras all the time. They are suppose to be there as security but tapo keeps letting me down on this. Please help!! 

Options
2024-02-12 06:59:35

@Rach210906 

After a lot of investigation with the support team, they suggested I change the actual camera, (hardware issue). I did and it has been working fine for the last 3 weeks now.

Options
Re:TAPO Sofware Keeps Forgetting my camera-Solution
2024-02-21 09:54:19 - last edited 2024-02-21 09:54:25

@Rach210906 

Hi, 
Usually, the camera won't factory reset itself. To locate and solve the problem, please help confirm the following information.

1. When the problem happens, please confirm the LED status on the camera and check if it's flashing green and red. Please also confirm the camera status on the Tapo app and check if it's disappeared on the Tapo app.

2. In case the camera is removed from the Tapo app by others who know your TP-Link ID and password, it's recommended to change the password of your TP-Link ID and enable the 2FA feature to protect your account.
What can I do if I forget my password of the cloud account?
Making Your Account More Secure: Introducing Two-Step Verification (2FA) for the Tapo App

3. If you have inserted an SD card into the camera to record video clips, please check if there are video clips recorded someone reset the camera manually by pressing the reset button.

4. Please send me(@Solla-topee) a private message with the format "Forum ID 649936+camera's model+camera's MAC address" soon once the problem happens for further analysis.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-22 10:15:31

@Solla-topee @Rach210906 Changing the camera fixed my issue. It was a hardware issue. I replaced the camera, same model exactly, same app, same everything and the new camera now works. 

Options
Related Articles