Votes

Tapo camera snooze (pause) notifications for time period

2024-01-16 15:54:41
Model: Tapo C120  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

A useful feature available in other cameras is to be able to snooze notifications for a selectable period of time (30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hour, ...).  This shortcut would avoid having to remember to turn notifications back on.

It can be useful when there are a lot of nuisance notifications (because some is cleaning/gardening or the wind is blowing and causing lots of false positives).

Options
16 Reply
Re:Tapo camera snooze (pause) notifications for time period
2024-01-17 12:01:10

@rct0 

Hi,
You can turn off the camera notifications for a specific time period via the camera's Device Settings>Notifications>Schedule feature.
Best Regards

Options
2024-01-17 13:42:24

@Solla-topee thank you for your response. However, a schedule isn't what I'm asking for. It would be inconvenient and take a number of steps to create a schedule that would be used only once to stop notifications for the next half hour. 

Another camera I own, that has been on the market longer, has a sleep icon right on the camera image. When nuisance notifications start coming in you can quickly get to it and stop notifications for 30 minutes, 1 hour, etc.

This is very handy if you happen to be in a meeting and a cleaning person or landscaper shows up.  After the first notification, when you realize what's going on it becomes easy to set that "Do Not Disturb "

Options
2024-01-18 10:02:04

@rct0 

Hello, 
Thank you very much for your explanation, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options
2024-02-20 05:22:40

@Solla-topee 

I was literally going to buy your system and replace all 8 ring cameras in my network to take advantage of local storage, however, after finding out that I cannot easily Snooze alerts, this immediately blocks my purchase.  I have deer that come onto my property and if I have to go through a ton of settings at 2am to stop alerts (had to do this with Reolink, which is why I returned the system) then I cannot use this system.  If you get this feature added to your app, I will immediately swap my systems. 

Thank you and hope to see your product soon!

Options
2024-02-29 10:27:19

@rct0 

It would be something link the privacy button? Just to disable notifications, but the camera would still record the events?

Options
2024-02-29 13:22:06

@Solla-topee It would be better to add another option, a timer option. To decide to turn it on again after for example, 28min from now. 

Options
2024-02-29 14:19:59

The other camera app with a good UI has a snooze/pause that is one click away in many of the screens that show the camera:

Options
2024-03-24 07:12:39
I'm in the same position. I was testing various TP-Link TAPO cameras and right now I'm on the C120 and C425 after returning a few. Wow... no snooze. That's very pathetic and easy to programmatically implement, to say the least. I call Bee Ess and point to lazy development and design. I was impressed with the speakerphone feature and AI detection range, BUT there are many other issues that are underwhelming compared to my current vendor line up. For this reason, I won't be making a switch to TAPO. Maybe I'll keep a handful, but definitely not switching out 20 cameras.
Options
2024-03-28 15:12:00

@Solla-topee 

Hello,
I have the same need: one of my cameras is pointed at an entrance where, in the afternoon, comes the shade of trees. If it's windy during the day, I get hundreds of notifications.
If I had a snooze function, I could say "don't disturb me for a few hours" and live happily.
A "still log events to SD" flag would also be very helpful.
Thanks for listening to our suggestions!!!
Happy Easter

Options
2024-03-29 08:00:35

@felixsin  Hi, maybe you can use the Do Not Disturb feature on the Tapo app>>Me>>Notifications page to meet your needs laugh

Options

Information

Helpful: 8

Views: 884

Replies: 16

Voters 8

+ 4 Voters