Votes

Tapo camera snooze (pause) notifications for time period

Votes

Tapo camera snooze (pause) notifications for time period

38 Reply
RE:Tapo camera snooze (pause) notifications for time period
2024-08-19 08:49:30

@Arnco  how about switching on/off the notification on the Tapo app>Me>Notifications>Management page for your camera? It won't change the notifications you configured on the camera device settings page, but you will no longer receive notifications once this option is switched off.

Options
Re:Tapo camera snooze (pause) notifications for time period
3 недель назад - last edited 3 недель назад

Posted a similar request that got merged with this one

Model: Tapo C225  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Product: Tapo C225

Feature Description:
I would like to request the addition of a "Snooze Notifications" feature for camera alerts. This feature would allow users to temporarily mute notifications for a specified duration, such as 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, or 2 hours, while still allowing the camera to continue recording or activate recordings as usual.

Purpose:
This feature is intended to provide flexibility for users who might be at home for a short period or during situations where repeated alerts are unnecessary, such as when gardeners or other regular visitors are present. Currently, the option to create a schedule exists, but it does not fully address scenarios where a short-term snooze is more appropriate than a long-term scheduling solution.

Use Case:

• When I am home for lunch and do not want to be disturbed by repeated notifications from the camera.
  • When gardeners or maintenance workers are present, and I do not need to be alerted for every movement detected in the yard.
  • When temporarily working outside in the monitored area and wanting to avoid constant notifications.

In these cases, after receiving the first notification, it would be highly convenient to simply "snooze" further notifications for a selected time interval. This would automatically revert notifications back on after the specified period, ensuring that no notifications are missed once the snooze time has elapsed.

Impact:
This feature would enhance user convenience and reduce notification fatigue, making the product more user-friendly. It would allow users to maintain their current monitoring settings without the need to manually disable and re-enable notifications, thus improving the overall experience and satisfaction with the product.

Additional Details:

• The snooze feature should be easily accessible directly from the notification, or within the app’s interface.
  • The camera should continue recording during the snooze period, ensuring that all events are still captured and available for review.
  • Ideally, users should have the option to choose from predefined snooze intervals (e.g., 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours) or manually set a custom snooze time.

Thank you for considering this feature request. I believe it would be a valuable addition to the product, providing users with more control over their notification preferences without compromising security or convenience.

Options
3 недель назад

@JWvB Thanks for the well written feature request.  I tried to amend your request to my original post but it won't let me save the edit.

Options
3 недель назад
Would like the option to snooze notifications when my gardening service comes at their completely random times or the kids are playing in the garden
Options
Friday

@Solla-topee I agree with the OP that we all would love to see a snooze function. If my gardener is working in the yard I don't want to get notified every 2 seconds that there's motion. It feels like an easy thing to add for the app. 

Options
Friday

I hope everyone reading this thread remembers to UPVOTE it so it gets more visibility with the product team! 🙂

Options
Friday

I've been testing a C120 to see how I like the TP-Link experience to see if I wanted to get 6 TP-Link outdoor cameras.  That would drive me nuts.  I'm going to look at the other non-subscription brands (Eufy and Reolink).

Options
Saturday
Notification snooze is very important.
Options

Voters 22

+ 18 Voters