Stop RV30 from editing the Map

2024-01-18 11:19:26
Tags: #Configuration #Map #adding doors
Model: Tapo RV30 Plus  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version:

Every time I close a door the vacuum updates the map adding the door as a new wall separating the 2 rooms and refuses to ever enter that room again with a message
"returning to charging station unable to reach destination" without trying to see if the door is now open again.
It DOES NOT actually go to the entrance it automatically aborts the cleaning job.
(This has happened to me with other obstacles as well, I was putting up the Xmass tree and the box was in the middle of the hallway, the vacuum registered the box as another wall and it refused to go to the living room ever again without even actually trying to approach)
The only workaround is to manually send it with the "go to this location" command right next to where it has added the "fake wall" in order to update the map and remove the "fake wall" again. I have not seen an option to "lock" the map so everytime it encounters an obstacle (eg door, table, box etc) it will skip the area it cannot access but the next time will ignore all the changes and start with the original map.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Stop RV30 from editing the Map
2024-02-02 15:08:35

@JasonBK  Developers team, please add something like doors zone  to make sure LIDAR mappings won't  modified the door as the wall.

Options
Re:Stop RV30 from editing the Map
Monday

@JasonBK This may help: Once you have a complete (correct) map then back it up (map backup is an option in the phone app). If your map changes for any reason e.g. the fake door issue you mention .. then simple restore the backup map.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 232

Replies: 3

Tags

Configuration Map
adding doors
Related Articles