App for MacBook

App for MacBook
App for MacBook
2024-01-24 04:00:30 - last edited 2024-02-01 06:51:16
Model: Tapo C210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.3.11 Build 231115

Hello Tapo,

I want to report an issue with the TP-Link Tapo app on the MacOS platform.

I know there isn't a dedicated app for the MacOs version yet, but with the M1 chip, I can run it from the App Store using the iPad version... Everything seems to work well until I click on full-screen mode, and the screen doesn't automatically rotate as it does on the tablet.

I connected Tapo to the VLC Player, but it seems less effective than using the Tapo app directly.

If you need additional screen recording videos, I'll provide them in the evening.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:App for MacBook-Solution
2024-01-24 10:28:52 - last edited 2024-02-01 06:51:16

@MrJohn93 

Hi,
The Tapo app is designed for iOS and Android mobile devices, the Tapo app on your Macbook stating "Designed for iPad, not verified for macOS." This means that the app hasn't been thoroughly tested on macOS, and it may not work seamlessly on Mac computers. To ensure the best user experience and performance, we recommend using the Tapo app on your mobile devices(such as mobile phones) for managing Tapo devices. About the issues you encounter on the macOS, I'll log them and forward them to the relevant team to evaluate and improve our app and deliver the best performance possible.
Thank you for your understanding and support of our product.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:App for MacBook-Solution
2024-01-24 10:28:52 - last edited 2024-02-01 06:51:16

@MrJohn93 

Hi,
The Tapo app is designed for iOS and Android mobile devices, the Tapo app on your Macbook stating "Designed for iPad, not verified for macOS." This means that the app hasn't been thoroughly tested on macOS, and it may not work seamlessly on Mac computers. To ensure the best user experience and performance, we recommend using the Tapo app on your mobile devices(such as mobile phones) for managing Tapo devices. About the issues you encounter on the macOS, I'll log them and forward them to the relevant team to evaluate and improve our app and deliver the best performance possible.
Thank you for your understanding and support of our product.
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 384

Replies: 1

Related Articles