Tapo T110 Contact Sensor - Extending Range to Hub(s)

2024-01-27 15:55:26 - last edited 2024-01-31 02:38:33
Model: Tapo T110  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.9.0

I currently have a T110 connected to an H100 hub. I'd like to move my contact sensor to a location that's just out of range of the hub.

My question is, if I purchase a second hub and place it out of range of the contact sensor, will the first hub (within range of the contact sensor) be able to forward a chime event to the second hub through the network? Or does a contact sensor require direct communication with each hub?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo T110 Contact Sensor - Extending Range to Hub(s)
2024-01-31 03:04:12

@MrsGaryBusey 

Triggering multiple hub to ring using a sensor can be achieved by creating automation rules. It should be noted that their network sources differ, the sensor needs to be within the coverage range of the Tapo hub's, while the hub should be within the WiFi range of the router. As long as all devices maintain a stable online status, the automation should run seamlessly.

How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices
TP-Link Sub-GHz Technology Brings the New Tapo Lineup of Smart Hub, Sensors,Switches and More.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-01-31 03:40:17 - last edited 2024-01-31 19:22:49

@Wayne-TP Thanks for the reply.

If I'm understanding you and the image correctly, as long as a contact sensor can communicate to a Tapo Hub that has access to the internet, I can have a different Tapo hub that's also connected to the internet receive a chime action from the sensor?

Can you tell me if the following scenarios are able to produce a chime on Tapo Hub B?

Scenario 1: Tapo Contact Sensor within range of Tapo Hub A which is connected to the internet at a workplace. Tapo Hub B which is connected to the internet at home. Both locations have different networks and IP addresses.

Scenario 2: Tapo Contact Sensor within range of Tapo Hub A which is connected to the internet, located on the opposite side of the house from Tapo Hub B. Tapo Hub B which is connected to the same local network as Tapo Hub A, but is out of range of the contact sensor.

Scenario 3: Same as scenario 2, except the internet goes out.

Options
2024-02-02 03:08:06

@MrsGaryBusey 

In your case, all three scenarios can be fulfilled as Tapo H100 supports Local Smart in the latest firmware.  What is Local Smart Action?

1. Under normal network conditions, devices under the same account can be linked through the creation of automation. This process is executed through cloud servers and is not affected by the geographical location of the devices.

2. In the absence of internet connectivity, but with devices on the same local WiFi network, entries in local smart actions can still function as usual.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options