Votes

Add seconds to automation timing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-03 10:27:46

Is there any chance to add the seconds to the timing? not just hours and minutes? For some devices, I only need a pulse of one second, for example..

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Add seconds to automation timing
2024-02-04 09:12:29

@FinderQ 

Hi,
With the latest Tapo app, I'm able to see the Seconds option on the Automation>Delay Action page. If you are referring to adding the Seconds option on other pages, please describe your usage scenario in detail, and I'll log it and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.
Best Regards

Options
2024-02-06 11:36:40

@Solla-topee 

I have a Nice motor with which I open/close the gate. I have the whole house automated with Tapo, so I definitely wanted to automate the gate as well, so that I don't have to use other applications. I used a tapo p100 socket with a simple relay for the impulse needed to open/close the gate, the Nice Motor needing an impulse of <1.5 sec. to execute the command. I set the automation to close the outlet as soon as it is opened, thus simulating an impulse, but often the closing command comes after 1.5 seconds. thus the engine does not correctly interpret the command. The ewelink application previously used with a relay has options including milliseconds.

Options
2024-02-07 08:19:16

@FinderQ 

Hi,
Thank you for the detailed usage scenario description, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about if this feature can come to the product or when it might, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
If other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 344

Replies: 3

Voters 1