Both TAPO C220 disconnected overnight

2024-02-06 09:12:06 - last edited 2024-02-06 10:06:01
Model: Tapo C220  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

Hello

I have two TAPO C220 cameras and both went offline last night.

I have cameras of different brands and have 2 cameras from TAPO and also their humidity sensors. All on the same network

Humidity sensors are working, cameras of other brands do as well. No issues, but TAPO got disconnected yesterday.

Was there any update that was pushed last night that got them disconnected? Did anyone else experience the same issue?

Are there any chances they'll get back online by themselves or is the only way to fix it is to travel pysically to the location and reconnect them ?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Both TAPO C220 disconnected overnight
2024-02-07 07:18:30

@Yan12 

Hi,
We didn't push any updates to the Tapo C220 last night. In this situation, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. Do you manage the camera via the Tapo app remotely and the camera shows offline on the Tapo app?
2. What's the LED status on the camera?
3. You can try to reboot the router for a try, if this does not work, you can try to reboot the camera or factory reset it and reconfigure it, then check if it will work again.

Best Regards

Options
2024-02-07 08:18:52

@Solla-topee 

Hi

Thank you for confirming that there were no updates

I do manage them remotely and both went off offline and it's been 2 days they are "offline", didn't come back

They used to disconnect nearly every day - apparently  a known bug with these cameras. Therefore I have them scheduled for the nightly restart as that was a suggested workaround. That worked well for about a month

This time they got disconnected during the day, i.e quite a few hours before the scheduled restart. They are both physically there(can see on another make's camera), no tempering. 

I'm not physically at the location to check the LED and disconnect/reconnect them. That is the most frustrating part. 

My Blinks have not had any connection issues for years. 

Options
2024-02-07 10:24:04

@Yan12 

Hi,
If your family member or friends can help you reboot the camera, it's suggested to have a try. And if the camera is back online after reboot, you can refer to the link below to check if the tips help in your situation.
What should I do if my Tapo smart camera keeps losing connection or going Offline?
Best Regards

Options
2024-02-22 07:01:47 - last edited 2024-02-22 07:03:00

Inconceivable advice in the context of the security cameras ... but I had no option so had to bother someone to travel to the location to restart them....

So ... they were restarted manually on Fri, but already on Mon one went off again and On Thu another.

Didn't last even for a week.  Additinally they were set to restart every night as otherwise they were loosing connection every day!

Cameras of the other brands and sensors are working with no issues

Please let me know how to return these bricks back to the manufacturer as a month has passed and I can't return them back to the seller.

Options
2024-02-23 10:30:19

@Yan12 

Hi,
If your Tapo C220 with firmware 1.1.6 version keeps going offline on the Tapo app, please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. Please describe your network diagram in detail, such as the internet cable--wireless router)))(((Tapo Camera, phones, etc.
What's the model number of your router?

2. Confirm the LED status on the camera when it shows offline on the Tapo app.

3. Send me(@Solla-topee) the Forum ID 654288 and MAC address of the problematic camera via a private message.

4. If you have a microSD card inserted into the camera, refer to the link below to collect the camera log, and let me know if you have collected it.
How to get the log of Tapo Camera?

After providing the above information as much as possible, we will push a new firmware to your Tapo C220 to check if it will solve the offline issue.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 375

Replies: 5

Related Articles