Tapo D230 not ringing on Android Phone

Tapo D230 not ringing on Android Phone

20 Reply
Re:Tapo D230 not ringing on Android Phone
3 weeks ago

@Alex- 

Hi,
1. Please ensure the firmware of the Tapo camera and the hub are up to date.

2. You can try to remove the battery from the doorbell camera and insert it again, then check if you can receive a notification when someone presses the doorbell.

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Fun-Wolfy 

I have the exact same problem.

iOS and android phone not getting notifications.

I removed the doorbell and added to the hub again , worked for a while and problem resurfaces.

Both phone running the latest app from app store and play store. 

Notifications on full permissions 

iOS 17.4.1 and Samsung android 14 

Options
3 weeks ago

@kbwang 

Hi,

1. On the Tapo app>Home tab>Bell icon>tap your doorbell camera, can you receive notifications when the camera detects events, such as motion, person, car, etc.?

2. Please check if the Doorbell Video Call is enabled on the camera's Device Settings>Doorbell>Doorbell Video Call page.

If so, can you receive the corresponding notification on the Tapo app when someone presses the doorbell?

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Notifications for motion , people etc are set for specific time period. 9pm to 7am.

The Tapo App bell icon did not show any events when Doorbell pressed. Basically, it seems the doorbell got delinked from my account or from the backend .

I tried removing the doorbell and added into the H200 hub. Immediately I get notifications from my phone again.

This vicious cycle continues.

I just removed the both H200 and D230 and re-added into into my Tapo account. Testing now.

Please kindly check see the backend .

Thank you 

Options
3 weeks ago

@kbwang 

The doorbell lost backend connect again. Not getting notifications when doorbell pressed.

Videos in this

[TP-Link Support]-[TKID240450151]

Options
3 weeks ago

@kbwang 

Hi,
Thank you for the video to show the problem, however, it's hard to say if the problem phenomenon happens because you have incorrect configurations. Please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. When you can't receive notifications when someone presses the doorbell:
1) Go to the camera's Device Settings>Doorbell>Doorbell Video Call page to ensure this feature is enabled.
2) Go to the camera's Device Settings>Notifications page to ensure the Activity Notifications is enabled.
3) Go to Me>Notifications>Device Notifications to ensure the option is enabled for your Tapo D230.
4) Go to Me>Notifications>Do Not Disturb to check if it's enabled. If yes, send me a picture of this page and the Exceptions page.

2. If you have enabled the motion/person-detected notification for the specific time period, can you receive a motion/person-detected notification on your phone or Tapo app bell icon page from 9 pm to 7 am when the camera detects events?

3. On the camera's Device Settings>Device Info page, tap the Wi-Fi icon and check the RSSI value of your Wi-Fi network.

4. If the H200 is connected to the router via Wi-Fi, you can try to change the wireless channel to 6 and channel width to 20MHz on your router, and check if it helps.

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

Solla-topee wrote

@kbwang 

Hi,
Thank you for the video to show the problem, however, it's hard to say if the problem phenomenon happens because you have incorrect configurations. Please help confirm the following information for further analysis.

1. When you can't receive notifications when someone presses the doorbell:
1) Go to the camera's Device Settings>Doorbell>Doorbell Video Call page to ensure this feature is enabled.
2) Go to the camera's Device Settings>Notifications page to ensure the Activity Notifications is enabled.
3) Go to Me>Notifications>Device Notifications to ensure the option is enabled for your Tapo D230.
4) Go to Me>Notifications>Do Not Disturb to check if it's enabled. If yes, send me a picture of this page and the Exceptions page.

2. If you have enabled the motion/person-detected notification for the specific time period, can you receive a motion/person-detected notification on your phone or Tapo app bell icon page from 9 pm to 7 am when the camera detects events?

3. On the camera's Device Settings>Device Info page, tap the Wi-Fi icon and check the RSSI value of your Wi-Fi network.

4. If the H200 is connected to the router via Wi-Fi, you can try to change the wireless channel to 6 and channel width to 20MHz on your router, and check if it helps.

Best Regards

@Solla-topee 

I now noticed When I set custom notifications example from 9pm to 7am . I am not getting phone notifications when doorbell pressed for the rest of the hours .

When I set schedule as " always" I will get phone notifications when doorbell pressed at anytime .

I think doorbell pressed and doorbell call notifications should be independent from the rest of the notifications or this doorbell pressed notification should be a additional setting on top of the rest .

This issue can be easily duplicated

Options
3 weeks ago

@kbwang 

Hi, 
Thank you very much for the clarification. Currently, the Schedule on the Notification page is effective for all activities, including pressing the doorbell camera. If you need to set a Schedule for doorbell pressed notification separately, it is recommended to start a new thread here to request the new feature. 
Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

Solla-topee wrote

@kbwang 

Hi, 
Thank you very much for the clarification. Currently, the Schedule on the Notification page is effective for all activities, including pressing the doorbell camera. If you need to set a Schedule for doorbell pressed notification separately, it is recommended to start a new thread here to request the new feature. 
Best Regards

@Solla-topee 

New thread created 

Options
a week ago

@kbwang  Thank you for the remind and cooperation.

Options
Related Articles