Votes

Can I change the pause / 'dwell' time on my C520 WS camera in Patrol Mode

Votes

2024-02-29 14:52:36 - last edited 2024-03-01 07:22:52

Is it possible to change the pause / 'dwell' time in Patrol Mode.. There appears to be only 2 preset options the shortest of which is 2 mins. I would like to reduce that to 1 min or even better 30 secs . The Patrol Mode pan area I require on  my camera is quiet wide and with a long ( 2 mins)  pause/dwell time at the end of each patrol pan it is quiet possible for an intruder to enter the area via the opposite end of the pan during this pause /dwell and thus avoid detection. However if the pause/dwell time at the end of each pan was only 30 secs then it would not be possible for an intruder to avoid detection. 

If this is not possible with the current Firmware version, please could this option be added to a future update.  

Apart from that this is the best camera of its kind at this price on the market. 

Thank you

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can I change the pause / 'dwell' time on my C520 WS camera in Patrol Mode
2024-02-29 16:19:02 - last edited 2024-03-01 07:22:42

Sorry, my pause 'dwell' time it should be 'layover' time in my question above . My bad ! 

Options
Re:Can I change the pause / 'dwell' time on my C520 WS camera in Patrol Mode
2024-03-01 07:22:29 - last edited 2024-03-01 07:22:42

@Big5Boots 

Hi,
On the camera's Patrol Mode settings page, if you tap a marked position, then you can change the layover time to any value from 2 to 59 mins. Currently, it's unable to shorten the layover time to less than 2 mins. 

Thank you for your feedback here, while we don't have any specific details that I can share about whether the layover time will be shorter, I'll log the feature request and pass it along to the team to evaluate.
I moved this conversation into the ‘Feature Request (Tapo)' area for better visibility, and if other users have the same request, please vote on this thread or leave your comments.

Best Regards

Options
RE:Can I change the pause / 'dwell' time on my C520 WS camera in Patrol Mode
2024-07-02 17:14:25
There should be a continuous rotation option in the patrol mode. Otherwise, at least a 15 seconds lay-over time should be allowed. Current lowest limit of at least 2 minutes is too long for practical pursposes.
Options
RE:Can I change the pause / 'dwell' time on my C520 WS camera in Patrol Mode
2024-07-02 17:17:04
It is necessary to have continuous rotation in patrol mode of the camera. If not feasible, allow at least 15 seconds of lay-over period. Current lowest limit of 2 minutes is too long to be practically useful for monitoring. Thanks.
Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 350

Replies: 4

Voters 4