Votes

Automation won’t take action if shortcut deactivates it in the meantime

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Cancel stop interrupt previously launched delayed action. Please vote on the main thread.

Votes

This repeated request has been merged into the main thread Cancel stop interrupt previously launched delayed action. Please vote on the main thread.
2024-03-15 07:49:51 - last edited 2024-03-18 07:38:14
Model: Tapo H100   Tapo T100   Tapo S200B  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 3.2.901

I start with an example, I have created my own solution to switch on alarm system based on tapo button (used in a shortcut activating and deactivating an automation) the automation is a Tapo movement sensor working as the trigger and hub 300 (5 seconds in delay before it starts the alarm sound) 

THE SHORTCUTS

1)One button click (when I leave my house it activates the sensor (via automation )

2)Two clicks when I come home alarm is deactivated (automation disabled) 

HARDWARE LOCATION

both the sensor and the button are nearby the exit door.

USE CASES:

CASE 1) when I want to  leave the house and I do one click the sensor catches my movement and the hub (after 5 seconds of delay) starts the alarm sound.

CASE 2) when I'm back home even if I double click the button, the alarm was active and the sensor next to the door already detected me, so after 5 seconds the hub is triggered.

PROPOSED SOLUTION

SOLUTION 1) It would be nice to have an option to delay the movement sensor activity or to pause it for a short time, based on one button click for example  for 10 seconds (time that I need to get the keys and live the house).

SOLUTION 2) the sensor + hub automation is switch off with the double tap of the button. This should already inactivate the automation but it's not! The sensor has already triggered the hub that start counting 5 seconds. In this time window of 5 seconds delay I would like instead that  shortcut "disable automation" force the automation to stop immediately  (with a reset of the delay counter to 0 for example) or at least blocking the alarm sound as soon as I double tap the button.

Options
1 Reply
RE:Automation won’t take action if shortcut deactivates it in the meantime
2024-03-15 07:50:23
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 190

Replies: 1