Software Failure

Software Failure

Software Failure
Software Failure
2024-03-25 00:47:34 - last edited a week ago
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

The TP-link Android software I use has suddenly lost all data regarding the NC-450 Camera. I have other devices / platforms on my wifi network, all of which run perfectly well and can see the camera perfectly well. However the TP-Link software cannot find the camera using a new searching algorithm. I suspect the software is faulty, as the camera and wifi work perfectly well.

Another issue is the total confusion of TP-Link accounts, passwords, logins that TP use for devices, accounts and Cloud access. It is difficult to manage, and changes when new software upgrades and device are produced. These are poor software and IT management processes. Upgrades occur online without user advice or consent, very annoying indeed. TP should aim to streamline the management.

However, the camera is fine...I think the developers move to quickly for software to keep up!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Software Failure-Solution
2024-03-25 10:35:43 - last edited a week ago

@Cockerman 

Hi,
The TP-Link account is usually an email address, if your camera is bound to the TP-Link account, you can log in to the tpCamera app with the TP-Link account to manage the camera locally and remotely. The login account(the default username and password are admin) is for secure access to your camera, for example, there are several cameras bound to your TP-Link account, so you can see them on the tpCamera app, to log in to the camera to watch the live stream or change the settings, you need to tap the camera and enter the login account info.

Recently, there has been no new firmware available for the NC450 V2. If you have not reset the NC450 and it remains bound to your TP-Link account, you can log in to the tpCamera app with your TP-Link account on your phone and then enter the login account to manage your camera.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Software Failure-Solution
2024-03-25 10:35:43 - last edited a week ago

@Cockerman 

Hi,
The TP-Link account is usually an email address, if your camera is bound to the TP-Link account, you can log in to the tpCamera app with the TP-Link account to manage the camera locally and remotely. The login account(the default username and password are admin) is for secure access to your camera, for example, there are several cameras bound to your TP-Link account, so you can see them on the tpCamera app, to log in to the camera to watch the live stream or change the settings, you need to tap the camera and enter the login account info.

Recently, there has been no new firmware available for the NC450 V2. If you have not reset the NC450 and it remains bound to your TP-Link account, you can log in to the tpCamera app with your TP-Link account on your phone and then enter the login account to manage your camera.

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 104

Replies: 1

Related Articles