tapo C510W stopped panning

2024-03-27 20:02:31 - last edited 2024-03-27 20:06:50
Model: Tapo C510W  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.2

I bought this camera on Amazon and received it on January 25th. It was working great, but today it stopped panning. I can only tilt it. The camera movement is fixed most of the time, but I need the pan movement to check other areas, that's why I bought a camera with pan/tilt capabilities. I tried everything i could, like factory reset, unplugging it, but I think it's broken. Camera is only 2 months old. Does anyone had this issue? I have another c510W that is working fine.

Options
3 Reply
Re:tapo C510W stopped panning
2024-03-28 06:35:20

@gleegum 

Hi,

If you can't Pan the Tapo camera:
1. Go to the camera's Device Settings>Pan & Tilt page, tap the Pan & Tilt Correction button to reset your camera to the default position, and check if the camera will Pan or Tilt then.
2. Touch the camera with your hand and Pan or Tilt the camera manually and check if the camera will Pan or Tilt. If not, check if there is something on the camera that prevents the camera from Pan.

Best Regards

Options
3 weeks ago

Solla-topee wrote

@gleegum 

Hi,

If you can't Pan the Tapo camera:
1. Go to the camera's Device Settings>Pan & Tilt page, tap the Pan & Tilt Correction button to reset your camera to the default position, and check if the camera will Pan or Tilt then.
2. Touch the camera with your hand and Pan or Tilt the camera manually and check if the camera will Pan or Tilt. If not, check if there is something on the camera that prevents the camera from Pan.

Best Regards

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for replying, I did all the things you suggest with no luck. I do hear the motor moving inside the camera but no panning movement.

Options
3 weeks ago

@gleegum 

Hi,
In this situation, it may be a hardware issue on the camera, and you can contact your retailer or local support to check if the camera is under warranty.
Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 153

Replies: 3

Related Articles