Data reports stopped working since upgrading the Kasa app to version 3.3.651 Build 1616

Data reports stopped working since upgrading the Kasa app to version 3.3.651 Build 1616

2024-03-29 08:33:46 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: KE100 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I am having the same problem as described in this thread. Data reports stopped working completely since installing the latest app version on March, 17th.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Data reports stopped working since upgrading the Kasa app to version 3.3.651 Build 1616-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Turns out the problem is neither the app, the devices or the hub, but my local DNS server which was blocking

communication to euw1-device-telemetry-gw.iot.i.tplinknbu.com. I guess that means allowing the hub to communicate with

this domain is necessary for generating reports? Everything else is working fine.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Data reports stopped working since upgrading the Kasa app to version 3.3.651 Build 1616
3 weeks ago

@space-holiday 

When the device fails to connect to the cloud or cannot maintain a stable connection, data upload may be abnormal.

Have you tried restarting the KE100 or router to re-establish the connection?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
Re:Data reports stopped working since upgrading the Kasa app to version 3.3.651 Build 1616-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Turns out the problem is neither the app, the devices or the hub, but my local DNS server which was blocking

communication to euw1-device-telemetry-gw.iot.i.tplinknbu.com. I guess that means allowing the hub to communicate with

this domain is necessary for generating reports? Everything else is working fine.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Data reports stopped working since upgrading the Kasa app to version 3.3.651 Build 1616
3 weeks ago

@space-holiday 

The report data is generated by the device and needs to be uploaded to the cloud before it can be accessed remotely. If you can remotely control the device (for example, using cellular data) such as switching it on/off or adjusting the temperature, and only the data report section is missing, then this domain is one of the necessary domains for data upload.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
3 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

Thanks a lot! I can confirm that controlling the devices remotely is working fine even if the domain is blocked.

The report section is useful for me, so I will keep the domain unblocked.

Options
a week ago
I have also same problem. Everything works well, only data report not working.
Options
a week ago
Can you share more details here? Can't get the email? Is there any missing data in the table? Is it all data or partial data? What period? Is data from this time period stored on the app?
Options
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

Since the middle of March, the temperature report has not been working. When I registered last year, everything worked perfectly. I can't remember exactly when it stopped working, but I believe it was around the middle of March 2024. Suddenly, the temperature report stopped working completely.

At that time, the data that was previously saved in the app was still available. Only the new report appeared empty.

I tried re-registering both the Smart Hub and the Thermostat. However, after re-registration, the same problem persists. The thermostat works perfectly fine via the Kasa app, but the temperature report still doesn't show up.

Because I re-registered the Smart Hub and the Thermostat, now I can no longer see any daily reports that were previously saved.

Options
a week ago

@Wonho 

Are you able to control the hub or the thermostat remotely (using cellular data)? For example you can try to ring the hub or turn on/off the thermostat.

May I know what's the model of your router? Have you tried to restart the router?

Change router DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 might be helpful, let me know if that works for you?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 195

Replies: 8

Related Articles