Motion Sensor keeps triggering despite no movement

2024-04-09 08:13:23 - last edited 2024-04-10 10:09:23
Model: Tapo T100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am very new to Tapo Devices. Yesterday connected up a Smart Motion Sensor T100 & the Smart Hub with Chime H100. I am not tech savvy at all.... (even this took me 45mins)

I do have some issues that I can't work out.....

1: The sensor keeps going off periodically & of course the alarm goes off with NO MOTION at all.... Why is this happening & how can I fix this? 🤔🤔

2: I would like to try to set up a smart action in the Hub.... for a customized alarm for when I am not at home & also another for when I am sleeping using just the above devices.

I have tried eg changing the times for the smart alarm when not at home to suit my needs but despite applying & saving my actions it keeps going back to the default settings. How can I change these time settings so that it will stay fixed at the customized settings that I want?  

3: Can I program in a 2nd setting into the same hub & motion sensor for when I sleep?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I am not at all tech savvy. 

Thank you.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Motion Sensor keeps triggering despite no movement
2024-04-10 10:09:07

Gizzyduck wrote

I am very new to Tapo Devices. Yesterday connected up a Smart Motion Sensor T100 & the Smart Hub with Chime H100. I am not tech savvy at all.... (even this took me 45mins)

I do have some issues that I can't work out.....

1: The sensor keeps going off periodically & of course the alarm goes off with NO MOTION at all.... Why is this happening & how can I fix this? 🤔🤔

2: I would like to try to set up a smart action in the Hub.... for a customized alarm for when I am not at home & also another for when I am sleeping using just the above devices.

I have tried eg changing the times for the smart alarm when not at home to suit my needs but despite applying & saving my actions it keeps going back to the default settings. How can I change these time settings so that it will stay fixed at the customized settings that I want?  

3: Can I program in a 2nd setting into the same hub & motion sensor for when I sleep?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I am not at all tech savvy. 

Thank you.

@Gizzyduck 

How do you tell the sensor is going off? There is no record on its event log? (App ->T100 Device Page ->Event Log)

Your first point contradicts the description and title of the hub's phenomenon. Could you please clarify if the issue is that the hub alarms without any movement in front of the T100? Or is it that someone passes in front of the T100, but the hub doesn't alarm?

I suspect you're using the "Explore Smart Actions" feature on the product page, but in fact, automation features can be accessed through the "Smart" tab at the bottom of the app's homepage. "Explore Smart Actions" is just a shortcut setup entry point, containing only some common setup templates. The content created here can all be found in the "Smart" tab.

Refer to this FAQ to learn how to create your own smart action rules. How to create Smart Action (automation or a shortcut) of my Tapo devices

Tapo Geofencing, controls smart device by your geolocation (the mobile phone), will be available soon in the Smart Action 2.0 updates. Stay tuned to the official release!

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
2024-04-10 23:35:36

@Wayne-TP 

Thank you for replying.

" Could you please clarify if the issue is that the hub alarms without any movement in front of the T100? Or is it that someone passes in front of the T100, but the hub doesn't alarm?"    

My hub alarms without any movement in front of the T100.    Very frustrating esp in the middle of the night while sleeping....

I will try your other suggestion about personalising my devices with my hub....  I still have 4 other devices to set up... Thought I would just try the one & get it right first before embarking on the others.

Options
2024-04-12 11:22:15

@Gizzyduck 

Have you checked the automation list? Any existing automation that might trigger the hub ringing?

Was there a record corresponding to this unexpected hub ringing on the smart action history page (Smart tab ->Upper right corner, History)?

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 217

Replies: 3

Related Articles