Hard reset but still error: The device has been previously configured. please reset first

Hard reset but still error: The device has been previously configured. please reset first

3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I am change my tapo account to new one. i had already delete all the camera in old account, then only start configure camera in new account. i had follow step by reset camera and connect camera, but only model C310 failed to do so with error The device has been previously configured. please reset first.

i had try reset button more than 5 time, and blinking of LED is red and green also. but still shown same error.

Please really need help on this.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Hard reset but still error: The device has been previously configured. please reset first
3 weeks ago

@User_Tapo  i have the exakt same problem. Can someone help?

Options
Re:Hard reset but still error: The device has been previously configured. please reset first
3 weeks ago

@Singh_s  @User_Tapo 
Hi,
1. Please ensure you have reset the camera successfully. You can press the reset button on the Tapo C310 for 10 seconds and check if the LED changes to blinking red quickly. If so, wait for a while until the LED flashes green and red.

2. Uninstall the Tapo app on your phone, clean caches, reinstall the Tapo app, and check if you can set up the Tapo C310 successfully.

Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

Hi, i have the same problem with my tapo C310. I have already follow your instruction. Install Tapo apps in other phone and create another email. But still don't work crying

Options
a week ago

@theprie 

Hi,

You may try to press the reset button longer to factory reset the camera. If you see the message "The device has been previously configured. please reset first" when configuring the camera, but it has a flashing red and green light, it should be the camera was reset Wi-Fi before but not factory reset.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 147

Replies: 4

Related Articles