On TP-link device not working

2 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

Two out of three devices work fine.  The third one says "the device may be powered off or out of network range". I've tried resetting, re-intalling the app, turning off and turning on.  Any solution?  Or, if it's faulty, can I get a replacement?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:On TP-link device not working-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Ironmate 

When the HS103 flash orange and blue, it indicates it has been reset and is ready for configuration. You may refer to this instruction to add it back to the App. 

How to set up my TP-Link Smart Plug Switch via Kasa

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:On TP-link device not working
a week ago

@Ironmate 

What's the model of your device? What did you notice when you attempted reinstalling it? Did you get stuck in the configuring process?

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
a week ago

@Ironmate 

I have the tp-link Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Plug Mini, 4-pack.

The first two worked like a charm and were VERY easy to set up. The one that doesn’t work, once plugged in, flashes continuously between blue and orange no matter what I do. I followed all the troubleshooting tricks I could fine.  The fourth one never worked at all so I threw it out a long time ago, never thinking I couold get help!

On the app I have added “bedroom” and plugged it in to an outlet.  It only ever says “offline".  I then get “Device Unreachable. Your device may be powered off or out of network range”.  This is not the case as the others work.

I removed and re-installed the app - no change.

Options
a week ago
Model HS103P4
Options
Re:On TP-link device not working-Solution
a week ago - last edited a week ago

@Ironmate 

When the HS103 flash orange and blue, it indicates it has been reset and is ready for configuration. You may refer to this instruction to add it back to the App. 

How to set up my TP-Link Smart Plug Switch via Kasa

What should I do if I fail to configure the Kasa device?

Recommended Solution
Options
a week ago

@Ironmate 

I have watched the videos and with excruciating patience have gone through the steps three times.  Kasa still recognizes my other two devices but not this third (the 4th unit I threw away when it didn't work).

It says "Device Unreachable.  Your device may be powered off or out of network range."  I've put it in various places in my home with the same result.   

I really would like replacements.  I understand how the product works and if I didn't, the others would not work.  

Help!

Options
a week ago

@Ironmate 

And when I do go to my phone's settings, under Wi-Fi I select TP-Link_Smart Plug_8.  It connects for a brief moment and then I see "No Internet Connection".

Options
a week ago
I went through a different process using my network not the TP and was successful in finding a way around the problem. A different search on You Tube helped a lot as it had different steps your videos did not. Thanks for you assistance anyway.
Options
a week ago

@铁美特 

This smart plug WiFi is used for device configuration, the way how the App finds the smart plug, it does not have internet access.

Usually, when you connect this WiFi and return to the App to continue configuration, the App should find the WiFi and guide you to the next step, which is to select a WiFi network for the smart plug. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 8

Related Articles