unusable color night vision

2 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C325WB  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought the C325WB camera because of the color night image. But the night mode is unusable. I am attaching a video, anything moving looks like a ghost and nothing is recognizable. It only works with the headlights on, but I'm not going to have the headlights on all night - electricity consumption, bugs fly on it. I will have to return the camera.
C325WB - video night vision problem

Options
5 Reply
Re:unusable color night vision
2 weeks ago

@Fifator 

Hi,

In this situation, you can check if the following thread helps in this case.

Why Tapo ColorPro Cameras Exhibit Motion Blur in Certain Night Vision Scenarios

Please help confirm the following information if you are willing to troubleshoot this case.

1. Send me a picture of your Detection page.

2. What mode have you selected on the Night Mode Settings?

Best Regards

Options
2 weeks ago

@Solla-topee 

1- Sending "detection page", hope that is what you mean...

Detection page

2- for night vision setting I have "reflector off"

Options
a week ago

@Fifator 

Hi,
Thank you for the information provided. If you do not want the spotlight to turn on all night, how about selecting Smart Mode on the Night Mode Settings page?

With the Smart Mode selected, when the ambient light level falls below a certain threshold and the camera detects moving objects (e.g., human, vehicle, or pet), the spotlight will automatically turn on. This will help provide a clearer image and save energy compared to turning on the spotlight all night.
Best Regards

Options
a week ago

@Solla-topee Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well as you write. I tried and in smart mode and the spotlight at night also shines all night, but a little more than when Full-Color mode is set and the "Spotlight Settings" Brightness is set to 1.

Options
a week ago

@Fifator 

Hi,
The spotlight turns on all night is abnormal when selecting the Smart mode. In this case, please help confirm the following information if you are willing to continue the troubleshooting.
1. How do you confirm the spotlight turns on all night?

You can check the video recordings when no events are detected to check if the spotlight is on if you have a microSD card inserted into the camera and record videos continuously.

2. Please help collect the camera log refer to the instructions below.
How to get the log of Tapo Camera?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 146

Replies: 5

Related Articles