One-time Actions

One-time Actions

One-time Actions
One-time Actions
3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

Sometimes I set a reminder in my reminder app to remind me to turn on the smart plug for a battery charger. It's off most of the time and an automation would be overkill.

Wouldn't it be nice to have one-time actions? Like "turn on plug at 8 am" or "set the bathroom temperature to 24°C in four hours" and if it's done it shows up grayed out, ready to be removed. Basically like a typical reminder app but actually executing an action.

Just an idea.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:One-time Actions-Solution
Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:One-time Actions-Solution
Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:One-time Actions
2 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago

@Wayne-TP 

Makes sense.

Options
Re:One-time Actions
a week ago

@Wayne-TP 

FYI: SmartLife has this feature. So... There's a reason why such a feature exists.

Like in the Tapo app, you can set the "effective time" in the SmartLife app. But only in the SmartLife app, you can set "once".

Keep in mind that most if not all feature requests here are standard features in other ecosystems. Like the "standby killer" for smart plugs, the smoke detection in wyze cameras, the decoupled mode in smart switches and so on.

Whenever someone submits a feature request, the first reaction is "why?". Maybe it's because users found the feature somewhere else. Even SmartLife has all the features, we're waiting for so long. Geo fencing! One-time Actions! Samsung Smartthings of course has everything and beyond. Tablet mode! 3D view! Dark mode! Local Smart Actions since the beginning!

Another user has the same problem as me: as soon as the Internet is down, the devices are shown as offline. No need to respond with a request to submit a detailed network plan. It should be easy to replicate. Same thing with local smart actions that doesn't work with some devices (L535E).

Don't get me started on Matter.

So back on topic: what I called "one-time actions" is a thing in SmartLife.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 130

Replies: 3

Related Articles