Strip Light KL400 show red light when OFF, always ON

3 weeks ago
Model: KL400L5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.10

So, my strip light shows a steady red light when OFF, what I mean, is always ON on the Red light. The strip light works fine when I turn it back ON, I can set any color, effect, etc. but when I switch it back to OFF, it stays in a red light color. I tried factory reset several times, same behavior. I tried unplugging it and plugging back the strip to the adapter. Same status.

Any ideas? the first issue  after one and half year of operation

please advise, thanks... Silvio

Options
3 Reply
Re:Strip Light KL400 show red light when OFF, always ON
3 weeks ago

@smacias 

When the light strip is set to a solid color, is there any deviation in color? Like lighter or darker?

Try to switch to a different controller for this light strip if you have a spare one. For example the one from a normal light strip.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options
3 weeks ago
Hi Wayne, the color is steady RED, with no deviation at all. The light is very bright. I don't have a spare controller. Is that something I can buy from TP link online? thanks for replying
Options
2 weeks ago

@smacias 

How about when turning on the strip and adjusting it to another color, like green or blue, any deviation? Can you share some pictures here when it is on (in a different color) and off?

It's likely a hardware failure. You may try to contact the retailer or local TP-Link support to proceed with the warranty. 

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 120

Replies: 3

Related Articles