Omada Mesh

Omada Mesh
Omada Mesh
2024-05-11 07:50:07
Model: EAP620 HD   EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.2.6

Hi Guys,

I am running a 610 outdoor wired to the side of the building, and a 620 indoor inside.  I also have a 620 outside on the side of the pump house.

In the stables I need to get wifi and wired.  Can I run anohter 620 on the side of the stables, in AP mode, connected to a POE switch with wired devices attached? and also run a 610 inside the grroms quarters which is part of the stable building (metal construction, metal sides).

So the outdoor 610's would run as the mesh but also the one on the stables would be briging the stables LAN (camera's etc) as well as acting as an EAP?

MAke sense?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Omada Mesh
2024-05-12 13:00:07

@CraigPerth 

Yes.  The ethernet port of an EAP which is wirelessly meshed back to your router will appear as a virtual port on the same switch that the wired/root EAP is connected to.  This is because the meshed AP's ethernet port is effectively bridged to the wired port of the root AP.  You design should work as intended.

One optimization would be to disable user access to the 5G radios on the APs which are meshed if there is a lot of traffic coming in via the meshed AP's ethernet port in order to maximize the capacity of the 5G radios for mesh backhaul.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
Re:Omada Mesh
2024-05-13 01:52:28

@d0ugmac1 

Thankyou.  thats what I was hoping to be the case.  the mesh just extends the switch ports.

Great news!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 128

Replies: 2

Related Articles