TAPO C425 DOES NOT ALARM OR ALERT UNLESS THE APP IS OPEN ON MY PHONE

2024-05-18 13:01:53 - last edited a week ago
Model: Tapo C425  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have installed my TAPO C425 and it works perfectly as long as the app is open on my phone , but if I close the app to use my phone it does not alert or sound the alarm 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TAPO C425 DOES NOT ALARM OR ALERT UNLESS THE APP IS OPEN ON MY PHONE-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

VesNL wrote

@Wayne-TP nothing has changed since the last time it worked. 

Ern, what you're saying isn't correct. The light and alarm are meant for the camera to alert outdoor (or where the camera is located).

This is about the app not giving a notification. It doesn't matter if you select light or alarm, it should always alert you with a notification because detection is enabled. 

Did you read my previous message were I listed the app version?

I got a new firmware update to 1.3.7 and will test again. 

@VesNL 

Uhhh i see. So you're saying the app detection notification, instead of the camera (light/sound) alarm.

Take a look at the suggestions provided here! What to do if I can't receive notifications with the Tapo Cam or have a delayed notification

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:TAPO C425 DOES NOT ALARM OR ALERT UNLESS THE APP IS OPEN ON MY PHONE
3 weeks ago - last edited 3 weeks ago

I noticed the same today when a storm occured. It alerted my Google Home but nothing happend on my phone. Before the last app update I received a notification as expected

Android 14 AP1A.240505.005

Tapo 3.3.605

Options
3 weeks ago

@Kayandpee 

Double-check camera Alarm settings. Especially the Alarm Event Type, have you enabled the corresponding detection type?

How to configure the Alarm feature for the Tapo Cameras on the Tapo app

Please share pictures of your alarm and detection settings here. 

Landscape Mode - Tapo App for PadShare Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Options

@Wayne-TP did that before I came here to post.

Options

@VesNL 

Have you selected any Alarm Event Type? 

If your camera's Alarm type is set to "Light", it will trigger a light alarm and will not produce a sound alarm. Please confirm whether you can see the light alarm when you pass in front of the camera?

What's the hardware and firmware version of the camera? Which version of the Tapo App are you using?

Options
3 weeks ago

Ern, what you're saying isn't correct. The light and alarm are meant for the camera to alert outdoor (or where the camera is located).

This is about the app not giving a notification. It doesn't matter if you select light or alarm, it should always alert you with a notification because detection is enabled. 

Options
Re:TAPO C425 DOES NOT ALARM OR ALERT UNLESS THE APP IS OPEN ON MY PHONE-Solution
3 weeks ago - last edited a week ago

VesNL wrote

@VesNL 

Uhhh i see. So you're saying the app detection notification, instead of the camera (light/sound) alarm.

Take a look at the suggestions provided here! What to do if I can't receive notifications with the Tapo Cam or have a delayed notification

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 209

Replies: 6

Related Articles