Tapo C310 Slow live feed

Tapo C310 Slow live feed

Tapo C310 Slow live feed
Tapo C310 Slow live feed
2024-05-23 02:56:25 - last edited 2024-06-07 09:14:26
Model: Tapo C310  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.9

Hello. I have just purchased 2 Tapo C310 and the video live feed has too much lag. Both cameras have "SanDisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-I" cards. My network is more than sufficient and as a test i plugged in one of them directly into my router via CAT cable. Is there any way to resolve this terrible lag. The lag is also present in the recordings when the camera is triggered. I have tried turning off all detection features and back on, with no success.

Lastly, i also own a Tapo C320WS on the same property and it performs excellent so I know its not the Network ( and hopefully nothing from my skill level). 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo C310 Slow live feed-Solution
2024-05-24 08:27:31 - last edited 2024-06-07 09:14:26

@axRyder 

Hi,
If the Tapo C310's live view page loads slowly, you can try the following advice:
    1. Verify that the Tapo App and camera firmware are current.
    2. Attempt to connect to a new Wi-Fi network or use mobile data to try a different network on your phone.
    3. Attempt to disable network filtering and security software that uses VPN techniques, or attempt to terminate any open VPN connections on your phone.
    4. Remove the SD card from the camera for a try.
Here are the detailed instructions for you to refer to: What should I do if I can't view the Tapo&Kasa camera?  
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo C310 Slow live feed-Solution
2024-05-24 08:27:31 - last edited 2024-06-07 09:14:26

@axRyder 

Hi,
If the Tapo C310's live view page loads slowly, you can try the following advice:
    1. Verify that the Tapo App and camera firmware are current.
    2. Attempt to connect to a new Wi-Fi network or use mobile data to try a different network on your phone.
    3. Attempt to disable network filtering and security software that uses VPN techniques, or attempt to terminate any open VPN connections on your phone.
    4. Remove the SD card from the camera for a try.
Here are the detailed instructions for you to refer to: What should I do if I can't view the Tapo&Kasa camera?  
Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Tapo C310 Slow live feed
2024-05-24 08:41:05
Thank you getting back to me so quickly. I can confirm that the firmware and the Tapo App are the most recent available. I also disabled all filtering features as a test. I am happy to negate the network as an issue after trying the network direct cable etc. I also tried without the memory card and the live view had the same lag. Like i mentioned, I have a TAPO c320ws on the same network that works beautifully with minimal delay. I am convinced there is something not right with the current version of this device. I bought a pack of 2xC310, and both devices have similar terrible lag. I think I will be sending these back if I cant get them working asap. Thank you for the things to try and happy to try any other suggestions you have.
Options
Re:Tapo C310 Slow live feed
2024-05-24 12:23:20

@axRyder 

Hi,
If you haven't tried to factory reset the camera and reconfigure it, you can take one of your Tapo C310 for a try. Then when watching the camera, please ensure only you use the phone to watch it and without other devices streaming it.

On the Tapo app>camera's Device Settings>Advanced Settings>Display Settings page, please select the Compatible Mode and check if it helps.

Can you share a video showing the lag issue on your Tapo app?

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 255

Replies: 3

Related Articles