TP-LINK tpCamera does not recognize the admin password to connect the NC450 camera

TP-LINK tpCamera does not recognize the admin password to connect the NC450 camera

2024-05-25 17:10:10 - last edited 2024-05-31 03:43:53
Model: NC450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

From this month of May 2024 it is no longer possible to connect the NC450 camera with the TP-LINK tpCamera App.
I uninstalled the TP-LINK tpCamera app on all my devices, restarted them and also disconnected the camera from the electricity supply.
After 24 hours I reinstalled the app and tried connecting again with both WIFI and LAN cable.
The camera is correctly detected but in the next step the app continues to ask me for the admin password.
I also tried to restore the factory settings of the NC450 camera by pressing the reset button for 10 seconds but the problem remains.
Please let me know what else I can do to be able to use the video surveillance camera again.
Thank you

Da questo mese di maggio 2024 non è più possibile collegare la telecamera NC450 con l'App TP-LINK tpCamera.

Ho disinstallato l'app TP-LINK tpCamera su tutti i miei devices, li ho riavviati e ho anche scollegato la telecamera dalla rete elettrica.

Dopo 24 ore ho reinstallato l'app e ho provato a connettermi di nuovo sia con il Wi-Fi che con il cavo LAN.

La telecamera viene rilevata correttamente ma nel passaggio successivo l'app continua a chiedermi la password di Admin.

Ho provato anche a ripristinare le impostazioni di fabbrica della telecamera NC450 premendo il pulsante reset per 10 secondi ma il problema persiste.

Per favore fatemi sapere cosa altro posso fare per poter utilizzare nuovamente la telecamera di videosorveglianza.

Grazie

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TP-LINK tpCamera does not recognize the admin password to connect the NC450 camera-Solution
2024-05-28 06:34:03 - last edited 2024-05-31 03:43:53

@RobyRaviMilano 

Hi,

We do not have the camera's login username and password since it was created by the customer. If you see the below instructions in detail, in step 5), it will ask you to set a new login password rather than change the username.

How to set up cloud camera with tpCamera APP?

We received feedback from a customer who solved the problem by 
1) logging in to the camera's web UI 
2) changing the camera's login account  
3) logging in to the tpCamera app to complete the configuration. 
The detailed instruction is attached, you can check if it helps in your situation.

Best Regards

File:
NC450 – Change username & password through Web UI (Windows OS).pdfDownload
Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:TP-LINK tpCamera does not recognize the admin password to connect the NC450 camera
2024-05-27 08:37:47

@RobyRaviMilano 

Hi,
It's recommended to hold the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset the camera again, ensure your operation is no problem by referring to the UG, and then refer to the instructions below to configure the camera.
How to set up cloud camera with tpCamera APP?
(Usually, in Step 5), it will ask you to set a password for secure access to your camera, rather than use admin.)

Best Regards

Options
Re:TP-LINK tpCamera does not recognize the admin password to connect the NC450 camera
2024-05-27 14:33:03

@Solla-topee 

Thanks for the instructions but the reset has already been carried out many times, but in step 5 it is impossible to get the USER name from ADMIN to my registration email.

The USER field is protected !!!

Using admin password is incorrect, admin1 password is also incorrect.

I ask you to provide me with the real password to use for the USER admin.

Thank you

Grazie per le istruzioni ma il reset è già stato effettuato molte volte, ma allo step 5 risulta impossibile il nome della USER da ADMIN alla mia mail di registrazione.

Il campo USER è protetto !!!

Utilizzando la password admin non è corretta, anche la password admin1 non è corretta.

Vi chiedo di fornirmi la vera password da utilizzare per la USER admin.
Grazie

Options
Re:TP-LINK tpCamera does not recognize the admin password to connect the NC450 camera-Solution
2024-05-28 06:34:03 - last edited 2024-05-31 03:43:53

@RobyRaviMilano 

Hi,

We do not have the camera's login username and password since it was created by the customer. If you see the below instructions in detail, in step 5), it will ask you to set a new login password rather than change the username.

How to set up cloud camera with tpCamera APP?

We received feedback from a customer who solved the problem by 
1) logging in to the camera's web UI 
2) changing the camera's login account  
3) logging in to the tpCamera app to complete the configuration. 
The detailed instruction is attached, you can check if it helps in your situation.

Best Regards

File:
Recommended Solution
Options
2024-06-03 11:33:53 - last edited 2024-06-03 12:38:20

@Solla-topee 

Hi

This solution is useless. Your customer is using an ancient IE version in example. In modern versions of the Edge or Google Chrome we have got an error, while trying to open camera web UI in the home network: ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH.

That's happends because NC 450 web UI also supports only by an old trash versions of browsers. Just fix your bugs in TP Camera app. Or tell us straight, that you are no longer supports an old models. And we should buy new devises only compatible with Tapo app, from this moment.

Options
2024-06-04 07:04:07 - last edited 2024-06-04 10:09:53

@Egos1970 

Hi,
It's recommended to search and open Internet Explorer from the Windows search bar to log in to the cameras' web UI, and if you click on Internet Explorer on the search bar but it opens Microsoft Edge, you can tap the three-dot icon in the upper right corner, then go to More Tools>Internet Options, and following the instructions "NC450 – Change username & password through Web UI (Windows OS).pdf" in the above thread to try to log in to the camera's web UI.

If you see the login page on the browser but fail to log in with admin/admin, you may try the old password.

The NC450 does not have new firmware released recently and the app has not made changes related to the configuration process, it's unlikely a bug on the tpCamera app. If your reset operation is correct on the NC450, you can also try to change a phone to configure the camera if you have one, maybe the problem phenomenon is related to the phone's OS version updates or changes in software strategies.

If these tips do not work, it's recommended that you buy a new camera as per your requirements.

Best Regards

Options
2024-07-06 21:47:35
I logged into the camera web UI. I used "admin" as the user id and left password blank and I could not go any further. I tried "admin "on both and nothing.. It is very frustrating. I have three TP Link NC450 that have been working flawlessly for years and now none of them can be viewed outside their local network.I noticed on one of the FAQ pages it was marked "end of life" This probably means no further support of this product.
Options
2024-07-08 09:51:18

@yyzsin 

Hi,
You can try to hold the reset button for 10 seconds to factory reset a camera, and then reconfigure it. Usually, the tpCamera app will prompt you to set a new login password (please do not use admin) in step 5) when configuring the camera.
How to set up cloud camera with tpCamera APP?

If you do not see the step to set a new login password, perhaps the camera has not been reset successfully. If you are sure the reset operation is correct, it is recommended to refer to the attached instructions to log in to the camera's web UI to change the username and password (if admin/admin is not working when logging in to the camera's web UI, you can try to use your old login password).

If you fail to log in to the web UI and the camera is out of warranty, you can purchase a new camera as per your desire.

Best Regards

File:
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 724

Replies: 7

Related Articles