Awaymode on cam when leaving geofencing area

2024-05-28 00:59:22 - last edited 3 weeks ago
Model: Tapo C500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

how do i setup awaymode on my cam when im leaving my home?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Awaymode on cam when leaving geofencing area -Solution
2024-05-29 03:25:29 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@dennis_ 

Hi,
Since the Tapo cameras' Detection, Alarm, and Notification settings have not been added to the Smart Action>Action part, it's unable to control these features on/off automatically via the Smart Action feature.

However, on the Tapo app>Cameras tab, you can see the Home/Away mode, which can preset the Detection, Alarm, and Notification settings. You can try to preset these settings as per your requirements, then go to the Tapo app to apply them before you leave home or go home.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo&Kasa Cameras on the Tapo app?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Awaymode on cam when leaving geofencing area
2024-05-28 08:43:37

@dennis_ 

Hi,

Please describe your usage scenario in detail so I can provide proper instructions for you.

Best Regards

Options
2024-05-28 23:41:11

@Solla-topee 

i want my c500 camra to turn on motion detection, person detection, camra tampering, alarm with defult sound and have nortifications on. when i leave my home with my samsung phone.

then when i get home i want the motion detection, person detection, camra tampering to be turned off before i open my door :)

Options
Re:Awaymode on cam when leaving geofencing area -Solution
2024-05-29 03:25:29 - last edited 3 weeks ago

@dennis_ 

Hi,
Since the Tapo cameras' Detection, Alarm, and Notification settings have not been added to the Smart Action>Action part, it's unable to control these features on/off automatically via the Smart Action feature.

However, on the Tapo app>Cameras tab, you can see the Home/Away mode, which can preset the Detection, Alarm, and Notification settings. You can try to preset these settings as per your requirements, then go to the Tapo app to apply them before you leave home or go home.
How to edit Home and Away Mode for Tapo&Kasa Cameras on the Tapo app?

Best Regards

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-05-29 13:37:27

@Solla-topee is there any other tp link camra thats supports auto away mode?

Options
2024-05-30 11:27:19

@dennis_ 

Hi,

Currently, no Kasa/Tapo cameras support the 'auto away mode' feature. However, thank you for the feedback here, I'll log the feature request and forward it to the relevant team to evaluate.

Best Regards

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 157

Replies: 5

Related Articles